Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Can īt upload pptx. file (power point 2007), what are my options???    

Can īt upload pptx. file (power point 2007), what are my options???

daninkorea
Korea, South

Can īt upload pptx. file (power point 2007), what are my options???

Hello all,

I am very new to this site, I just joined yesterday. I am trying to upload a PPTX file and this site only accepts PPT files.
So I saved the PPTX file as a PPT file -- so far so good.
The original PPTX file is only about 300kb but the new PPT file is now 2,750kb.
This website only accepts files up to 500kb in size. Now after spending a good hour trying to upload I am still stuck. Can anyone offer any solutions to this problem? It would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Daniel

20 Jan 2010      

moravc
Czech Republic

sorry, you can īt upload ppx. You can upload ppt only...
options:
try to use another comp and open the ppx file in older Win XP and then save as ppt.
I don īt have the new Vistas, but I know it īs normal - ppx is much smaller than ppx saved as - "transposed" older ppt... it īs not your fault...
option 2: reduce pics - use cliparts, delete all unnecessary pictures and upload in several parts
option 3: boring, but it works... use comp with Win XP and copy the texts of slides into a blank powerpoint... Text is NOT heavy, so the  size of the ppt will be small too...
option 4 - use the TEXT of the powerpoint in document MS Word 2002... Might be very useful as well...
option 5 - share some other work of yours - upload some nice worksheets made in MS Word... Please write good description and name. IF bw version included, or many pages included, state this in the name of the printable... Worksheets with first colourful version followed by BW version welcomed...
Example of a good name:
Family and Friends + Past tenses -  4 pages + BW

IT depends on the length and topic of your ppx...
or, upload to any sharing website, such as 4shared, ifile  and share it as it is and share the link with us... You will not gain points for that, but you will get a lot of thanks :-D

Welcome to ESP!
And donīt give up!
Looking forward to see your work!

20 Jan 2010     

daninkorea
Korea, South

Hi, Thanks Moravc,

That helps a lot. I started removing unnecessary pics, backgrounds, etc. The file size is getting smaller, I will keep trying to make it as small as possible. Hopefully I will have it up in no time.

Thanks again,
Daniel

20 Jan 2010     

GeorginaSZ
China

Just to add, if you haven īt done so already, you can choose to delete the cropped areas of pictures and compress them. I have found these to be good file size reducers!

Select "Format" From the toolbar, then "format picture" then "picture" there is a "compress" option where you can select the smallest resolution (which is web/screen) and delete the cropped areas.

Hope that helps.

Georgina

20 Jan 2010