Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Black and white and greyscale.    

Black and white and greyscale.

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Black and white and greyscale.

Hi to everyone!
I �ve been noticing almost every day people upload wss in color and greyscale at the same time. So i have a question to those who do. Don �t we all know how to print colored page in greyscale? So why bothering to make it?
Note, i �m not speaking about those who do BW versions suitable for photocopying, but greyscale. Is it really necessary?
This is what the rules say: If your BW version is the same worksheet in grayscale, please don´t send it. Everybody can choose to print in grayscale, so it would be a waste of space in the website.

20 Jan 2010      

moravc
Czech Republic

You are right.
The best way is to upload a colour + outlined bw versions in one file.
BW version is no background gray, thin lines, as little of gray color as possible...
But we cannot force anybody to make the worksheet even more useful and upload true BW with outlined pics... Some contributors even don �t know how to change color ws into BW...

Another wonderful way how to help is: GROUPING THE PICTURES AND TEXTBOXES...
Only a few contributors do that...
If you download a grouped worksheet, you can change the colourful worksheet into a BW printer friendly IN FEW SECONDS - go to properties, no background, pictures choose bw and it �s done... Much easier than clicking on each textbox and each picture one by one...

So in case of heavy ws, it is GREAT to group all textboxes and group all pics...
The BW version is not needed, can be prepared within one minute then...
SUPER TIMESAVER TRICK...

20 Jan 2010