Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Rules for posting lesson plans using videos of speeches.    

Rules for posting lesson plans using videos of speeches.

Cre8tivity
France

Rules for posting lesson plans using videos of speeches.

Can anybody tell me where the rules for posting are located on the website? 

I �m particularly interested in knowing how I can use a video of a speech I found on Youtube.  How can I acknowledge the source, and use the speech to develop a lesson plan worksheet around it and to post it, legally?

I �ve used the speech in my large classes of young people and they have been inspired by it.  I �m sure the author of the speech would be delighted to know that it �s being used for educational purposes.  I assumed that because it was posted on youtube with a written text, that it was being distributed freely.   Can anyone clarify this issue?

Thanks for helping me out.

Susan

20 Jan 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

as long as you give the sources of your speech and add a few tasks to do, you can upload your worksheet. What you can �t do is upload the script of your speech without mentionning where you found it - it would be considered as stolen...
if you still have questions, you can send me a private message, i �m not a moderator yet, but i �ll be happy to help!!!
have a nice day ;)
Elodie

20 Jan 2010