Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Idioms/Slangs Quiz    

Idioms/Slangs Quiz

maoopa
China

Idioms/Slangs Quiz

Have a little fun with this quiz.

I hope you enjoy it!

Sincerely,

Mauro

20 Jan 2010      

eng789
Israel

I smell a rat here.

You are advertising again!

20 Jan 2010     

maoopa
China

MMM, do you really smell a rat?

Well, you could take the bull by the horns and be open to discuss it with me, personally... or you can keep posting your comments which, to be honest, I do not find constructive but destructive. I have seen better things coming from you.

20 Jan 2010     

zoemorosini
United States

We don �t all have the time to engage in dialog after dialog with you, especially when you just disregard our requests to stop advertising here.  You know what you �re doing is unfair, as there are many others who �d LOVE to advertise their own blogs and sites here but have the CLASS to respect the rules.  Why is this hard for you to understand?

20 Jan 2010     

maoopa
China

Sorry if I have not had the "class" to do as you say or as you want me to do.

As far as disregarding your comments, well... It �s a matter of whose requests to disregard.

I have decided to disregard the negative ones... at least until someone can really support his/her arguments.

20 Jan 2010     

zoemorosini
United States

Have a great day.  

20 Jan 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Well, dear eng and Zoe.

From my previous discussion with this  man I know he is not going to stop advertising and you can expect rather arrogant replies only. I guess only Victor can stop him and I am going to send him a PM right now. Maybe you should do it too.Wink

20 Jan 2010     

maoopa
China

That �s a great idea MJ Misa.

I have tried that also. Hopefully this time we �ll get an answer.

And please, do not consider my answers arrogant or personal. I just express my disagreement with your ideas. Why does it have to be arrogant?

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

We �re not just "expressing our ideas". Victor clearly stated that advertizing in not allowed on the forum.

20 Jan 2010     

maoopa
China

Let �s be clear about what advertising is.
Everytime I share something here, people, instead of using it and sharing more, get angry.

The only reason why I keep sharing things in here is because of many people still value it and use it.

So far I have only got people saying "Victor said" so and so, nobody quotes a source. And even if I agree with the advertising piece, this, and other blogs, are not intended for advertising... I don not see what I am winning by advertising something I do not need to sell.

Sorry guys, it �s not personal.

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

If you gain a penny or not by advertizing is not the problem, and this is a personal matter of yours. But many teachers have blogs and they don �t advertize because VICTOR SAID us not to do so. Why should we give you a source? Don �t you believe us? Do you need Victor coming to the forum to tell you himself that advertizing is not allowed?

If you want your readers to be aware of your publications, send them PMs, as everyone who has a blog here does. The rules are for everyone.

20 Jan 2010