Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ideas for teaching May ,might, for possibility    

Ideas for teaching May ,might, for possibility

Urpi
Peru

Ideas for teaching May ,might, for possibility

Hi wonderful teachers please can you take some time to give some ideas about these topics also Must for conclusions
Thanks You are great. 

20 Jan 2010      

serene
Greece

I usually show the students a picture e.g. one showing a girl sitting at her desk and writing in her notebook. I ask my students to make sentences about the girl using may, might and must according to how certain they are.
e.g. She must be at school. 
She may be 15 years old.
She might be bored. (which is unlikely as the girl is smiling and in fact looks quite happy) 

There is a nice presentation here.

20 Jan 2010     

Baadache
Canada

Helloooo, I did this with my pupils as follow:
 I have shown them a picture of two girls sitting in a class, Anna  is crying. The other girl , Betty, is just next to her wondering what the matter is.
I asked pupils to guess why Anna is crying.
Pupils start using the words and expressions, of course provided by teacher to help them, like: 
   I guess,
   Perhaps,
   I think,
   may be , she ....
   She mst be .......
BUT: after tha I kept them listening to a dialogue between the two cassmates and discover the real reason.

Wish I could help Smile

20 Jan 2010     

silviamontra
Spain

What I did once was to print some pictures, cut them and then I tell the class that I am going to show them the shape of something and they have to guess what it is. So, I take the cut pic and show it to them back to front. They have to make sentences saying what that might/may/could/ must or can �t be. The person who guesses what it is gets a point.
Hope it is helpful
Hugs

20 Jan 2010