Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How is this game called in English? + Template    

How is this game called in English? + Template

SaraMariam
United States

How is this game called in English? + Template

I was wondering if somebody knows how this game is called in English. I have seen it somewhere before, but totally forgot it. Here are some pics:

And if you would know where I could find a template for it, that would be just awesome.

Thanks a lot
Hugs
Sara

21 Jan 2010      

Lancillotta:
Italy

It shoud be " Paper fortune teller" or "cootie catcher, scrunchie, chatterbox".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_fortune_teller
Regards
Sabrina

21 Jan 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi SaraaMariam,
You asked for a template...The site you provided gives instructions as to how to fold it. What you write on it is up to you...
Kids usually have colors or a drawing on the top inner side (they ask you to give a number, say twelve, then they open and close it alternately 12 times) You choose a color or a drawing. They then fold open the one you chose to reveal the assignment or words under it. What is written there varies, It might be an assignment like �jump five times � or sing a song � or it might be things like �you are sweet � �you are crazy �, whatever.
I have used them in the English class with -of course- English assignments like �name 5 fruits in English � What is the past tense of find? � etc. depending on the level of the kids.

21 Jan 2010     

Lancillotta:
Italy

French Frog invented a cute collection of them:

you may create you own using this web site:

(very fast indeed!!!!)

or download it  here:

regards

Sabrina

21 Jan 2010     

SaraMariam
United States

Thanks a lot for all the great links! This is exactly what I needed :)

Hugs and have a great weekend
Sara

21 Jan 2010