Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Thank you in your mother tongue    

Thank you in your mother tongue

anaisabel001
Spain

Gracias!!
Asturian--Gracies!!!

Hugs from Spain!!

21 Jan 2010     

izolda_62
Iran

HI

we say in Iran,"Moteshakeram" or" Merci" Wink

21 Jan 2010     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

In my great grandmother tongue:

Go raibh maith agat!

21 Jan 2010     

gitasiva
India

Hi �Bare" ! You have me zapped! How nice to know that you were in India and wore a Sari and bindi. Were you able to walk draped in a sari without tripping over? ;-) True! Namaste is an informal greeting of "Namaskar". Have a nice evening. Namaskar! :-))

21 Jan 2010     

arkel
Ireland

Thanks RabbitWho for putting in the Irish:)

21 Jan 2010     

Bare
Croatia

Namaskar:)))

I haven �t been to India. I haven �t travelled so far away but the world came to me ( my town - �ibenik ).

We have International Children Festival during summer and artist and children from all over the world come with their magnificent performances, dances,plays,workshops... Children can participate as young guides ( not real guides - they are with groups to make them feel more comfortable, they spend  a lot of time with them and it comes handy for information... and some great friendships stay for long time afterward) , reporters etc. It �s great for practicing languages ,too and get familiar with different cultures.

I was lucky to be a part of it for some time ( I was a teenager then) and I met wonderful people from Egypt , Finland, China, the USA  and many other countries...good people,artists and educators.

Our guests from India were very special... we spent a lot of time with them, learnt some Hindu words and were very curious about their way of life. We were wearing bindi all the time in our own town- looked strange for other people  but we didn �t care. Later,we continued our correspondence for quite a long time. I still keep some souvenirs from that time ...They were really great and we had hard time to say goodbye...

but this is not a topic for our forum, sorry

Hug

21 Jan 2010     

Bare
Croatia

Dear arkel and RabbitWho

How do you pronounce  Go raibh maith agat!

21 Jan 2010     

Pelletrine
France

In Danish we say tak ... and we say it very often!   Smile  : tak for mad (thank you for the meal - every time you finish any meal with anybody Big smile ) - - tak fordi du kom ( thanks for coming) Mange tak! (thank you very much) tusind tak (a thousand thanks)
HUGS
(I have now lived in France for 34 years... but, your mother tongue,I guess, will stay your back bone all your life,  Wink !

21 Jan 2010     

douglas
United States

In America (USA) we say "Thank you" or Thanks" or "Duuuude!!"Smile

In Germany (in addition to Ladybird �s post) I also often hear "Merci" quite often--obviously from the French but pronounced slightly different.

22 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4