Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I īm getting robbed of my downloads!    

I īm getting robbed of my downloads!

ASheppard
Korea, South

I īm getting robbed of my downloads!

Hey all,
Sorry to complain, just wondering what I can do about this:
The past several download īs I īve made, my number of downloads have been multiplied by maybe 2 or 3. So if I have 3 available downloads left, and I download one printable, it says I īm at my max. I only click download once.

My last download I tried to get was downloaded (it took off 3 free downloads at the time) and when I opened the file, it wasn īt the printable, but a Word document of the page saying I īm at my maximum downloads.

Has this happened to anyone or does anyone have some advice?
Thanks guys! Smile

22 Jan 2010      

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi  there!
A couple of things could be happening...

When you want to look at a printable you can only look at it closely through the rolling preview screen. If you are looking at it by clicking the download link then it will be downloading even if you just chose to open it and then don īt save it.

Maybe your mouse is double clicking without you knowing..

OR have you NOT logged out if you have accessed ESLprintables at school or elsewhere where others use the same computer?
If you share a computer I suggest changing your password NOW.

Also are you talking about downloading other peoples work OR UPLOADING your own... as you refer to īThree � (Just checking exactly what you mean).

Can you tell us a little bit more about how its happening specifically :-)

Hope this helps a little!

22 Jan 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

and please...since īrobbing � carries overtones of intentional stealing, maybe find less accusatory words to describe your problem...

22 Jan 2010     

ASheppard
Korea, South

Sorry for the wrong choice in words.
I mean when I am trying to download a new worksheet that it is adding more downloads to my record than I actually downloaded. I am definitely only previewing from the scrolling screen.
I do share my computer at work, but the person I share with doesn īt speak any English so I don īt think she would manage on the site.

I īm not really sure what the problem is, but thank you for your efforts in trying to help ;)

25 Jan 2010