Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ..................................    

miss noor
Palestine

Thanks Silke for this nice topic.
Teachine was my dream since I was a child.
I used to play as a teacher and and ask my friends to be sts. I was extremely happy when we played. And Now I am very very happy to be teacher.
 In addition, I like teaching because I can deal with different characters and different personalities. I think dealing with different attitudes is fun ,  pleasure and art.

I like my job and my students very much.

Best Regards,
Noor

22 Jan 2010     

Ide_Bere
Mexico

Hi, this is a really interesting topics. Actually I became a teacher because of my mother. I really didn �t want to, but when I was in college (I �m a Chemical Engineering) I had 4 classes one semester and my mother thought I had a looot of free time (I actually thought I didn �t, since I spent all of it with my boyfriend--- soon to be my housband) So, she signed me into this Teacher �s training course and I attended otherwise my mother was going to take my car back. So, I finished the course but I actually wasn �t looking for a job as teacher. Someone called, offered me a job at noon and I said yes. Since then (7 years ago) I love being a teacher. Right now I �m studying my Master in Metallurgic and Material Engineering but I keep teaching english and actually I don �t plan to quit. I love it and it �s the best thing that could ever happen to me.

22 Jan 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Well, good topic, indeed.Thanks Lady.
When I was a teenager my school life got upside down. I was a very good student, but what I really loved was Maths, Science, Biology, Geography. I was also good at Portuguese, but not that good with foreign languages - French and then English. My French teacher was a lovely lady and she helped me a lot and cheered me, but my English teacher turned to be my evil in school. She didn �t like me, though I sincerely don �t have the slightest idea why.
If we had very high marks we didn �t need to go to the final examinations - well, this was not common, but I was one of them; but we couldn �t have a negative mark, in any of the subjects and the general average had to be, at least, 16. Well, that witch gave me a 9 and forced me to have final examinations of everything. I was furious and told her that one day I would be an English teacher and I would be much better than her. She laughed a lot, but here I am.
Sometimes I regret, teaching is not a very considered job, mainly nowadays and I know I could have anything else I wanted if I had followed a different way.
But when I think of my kids I know I made the right choice.
Unfortunately I never saw that witch again, so I could tell her that I turned to be her colleague. LOL
linda

22 Jan 2010     

petranka
Lithuania

Thanks for the great topic!
 When I saw my first teacher, I knew I wanted to be one. She  was so beautiful,so clever, so kind; I didn �t regard her as a real person, she was like a goddess to me. Later I was also lucky to have good and caring teachers so my childhood decision never faded. There were very few teachers who frightened me and I promised to myself that none of my pupils would be afraid of me. I think I keep my promise. Why English? I hated Maths.
At the time I didn �t think about money, it was very poor. We had no teaching aids, no English books, we couldn �t go abroad. English teachers weren �t in demand.But somehow we survived and I �ve never regretted my decision. I like teaching, though it is underpaid, (now I do care about money)and very stressful but English is the greatest treasure of my life.

Dana  

23 Jan 2010     

[email protected]
Canada

i had great marks as a student and my family told me i was squandering my talent in education. but i love teaching. doesnt matter what level, it �s great.�

23 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2