Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please help me    

Please help me

le ngoc qui
Vietnam

Please help me

Hi everyone!
please help  me with this. I �m looking for an idiom implying that if a person doesn �t know how to prepare for his future use (ex: saving money for future se), he will be unhappy (ex: short of money) soon.
Thank you in advance
Qui Le

22 Jan 2010      

Carla Horne
United States

Hi,

A penny saved is a penny earned.

Don �t count your chickens before they hatch. (Don �t assume that you will have something)

A stitch in time saves nine. (If you work now, you will not have to do more work later. This  
                                             could also be applied to having to work for money either now
                                             or having to work much harder later for money.)

I can �t think of any more now.

Carla

22 Jan 2010     

eng789
Israel

Save for a rainy day.

22 Jan 2010     

libertybelle
United States

And, of course, �sop �s fable of the Ant and the Cricket:

During the wintertime, an ant was living off the grain that he had stored up for himself during the summer. The cricket came to the ant and asked him to share some of his grain. The ant said to the cricket, �And what were you doing all summer long, since you weren �t gathering grain to eat? � The cricket replied, �Because I was busy singing I didn �t have time for the harvest. � The ant laughed at the cricket �s reply, and hid his heaps of grain deeper in the ground. �Since you sang like a fool in the summer, � said the ant, �you better be prepared to dance the winter away! �

22 Jan 2010     

yanogator
United States

I �ve always heard it as a grasshopper, rather than a cricket.

Bruce

23 Jan 2010     

le ngoc qui
Vietnam

Thank you for your enthusiastic help

24 Jan 2010