Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Computer Expertise needed please.    

Computer Expertise needed please.

juliag
Japan

Computer Expertise needed please.

To all you lovely teachers,

Hope you �re having a great Friday and looking forward to a nice and relaxing weekend.

I would appreciate some help from people who are good with computers, please.

Having worked on part 3 of my paragraph writing series till the early hours of the morning yesterday and nearly finished it, I was most upset to discover on opening it this evening that Word has made some changes to the formatting overnight that I cannot seem to reverse.

I will try to explain clearly for you.
I have 2 sets of bullet points, originally one was purple and the other black but now they are both the same color and when I try to highlight only one set to change the color it won �t let me. It automatically highlights them all.

I have quite a lot of textboxes in the document but even though yesterday when I saved it they all had different information, now for some reason the imformation has been duplicated in 2 textboxes (thus the correct information removed from one). When I try to delete the now incorrect information from just one of the textboxes so I can put the origianl information back in, it is also automatically deleted from the textbox where I want it to be, even though they are not grouped and, of course, I �m not highlighting that textbox.

I have even tried opening a new document at copying and pasting the information a little at a time, but to no avail.

Short of remkaing all the affected parts of the document, is there anything I can do to reverse these unwelcome changes?

Thanks in advance for all your help and expertise and your kindness in replying to my post.

Good night
Julia

22 Jan 2010      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I have a suggestion, I don �t know if it �ll work:

Highlight the part of the document you want to edit and click the "erase" like you see below:

The text will remain without any formatting, so you �ll be able to edit it (I guess).

Hope it helps.

Have a nice day.

22 Jan 2010     

juliag
Japan

Hi.

Thanks so much for all your help yet again, Zailda.
I �ll try it.

Fingers crossed it works...

Have a great weekend.

Love Julia

22 Jan 2010