Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > WARM UP    

WARM UP

mary-butterfly
Brazil

WARM UP

HI EVERYBODY .I NEED SOME HELP.TOMORROW I �M GOING TO START WORKING
AND I HAVE SOME GROUPS WITH 30 AND 40 STUDENTS AND I NEED SOME WARM UPS  TO START THE CLASS..
THANKS IN ADVANCE

KISSESClap FROM BRAZIL

24 Jan 2010      

refis24
United Kingdom

Hi, you could try a wordsearch. I used this in my class and the students enjoyed it. I am also using this in my class this week.
Good luck

25 Jan 2010     

mary-butterfly
Brazil

THANKS REFIS24

25 Jan 2010     

boydegg
Thailand

Hi Mary

You chould do one or two GTKY activities.  GTKY stands for �get to know you �.  There are lots of different activities of this kind - they �re intended to make students feel relaxed, meet each other or meet the teacher and learn a little about each other.  Most GTKY activities are also designed to get the students speaking.

What level are your students? And what ages?

Brian

25 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I �ve sent you a PM.

25 Jan 2010     

dturner
Canada

A signature game as was suggested by one member above is a good ice breaker.  What about some flashcards on a topic they might know.  You can set up a frame for them.  This is a _noun_.  It is size, color,  and personal opinion of it.  For example a picture of a banana.  This is a banana.  A banana is long, yellow and sweet.  Gets the students talking is an easy secure format.

25 Jan 2010     

DUSIA
Poland

I sometimes use a game which I call a word snake.  I write a word on a board (any English word, but I cirrcle the last letter) students come o the board one by one and write a word begining woth the last letter of the previous one. It looks something like this:

SNOWINDOWHITE  ...

The  words can not be repeated, who repeats the word or makes a mistake has to miss one turn. It is quick, usually it keeps class interested. I hope you will find it useful.

25 Jan 2010     

Hijab
Brazil

Interesting game DUSIA. Thank you. I will use it with my students. And BUTTERFLY why don �t you welcome your students with some colorful and useful bookmarks.

25 Jan 2010