Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Ws Murders    

Ws Murders

rotkappe
Germany

Ws Murders

Have you seen and read the ws which was published today? Students have to plan a murder. I can not tolerate this kind of task. Already 9 of us have downloaded it. What a shame!

14 Nov 2008      

Logos
Malaysia

I would tend to agree with you.  I recall several weeks ago we had several posts about a worksheet that introduced taboo words and this generated much discussion.  I do not think that Victor is in the business of censorship, but there are some subjects that I think may be inappropriate for an English lesson.  There are other topics that can generate the same sort of language, such as planning a rescue mission, or a surprise party etc and whilst I am sure the vast majority of people may regard this as a harmless curious activity, it may possibly have an adverse influence on a suggestible student.

Unfortunately, however, your bringing the worksheet to the forum�s attention may actually have the opposite desired effect and lead many others to find the worksheet and download it.  Such is human nature!!!

14 Nov 2008     

mena22
Portugal

Well, rotkappe has definitely brought that worksheet to my attention! I checked it and I couldn�t believe my eyes! Students are actually invited to take the role of murderers. I had never seen anything so unpedagogical before. I�ve not downloaded it and I do hope no one else does. I�ve just seen  the preview.

14 Nov 2008     

dareka1
Japan

While I would agree that it is very strange and certainly doesn�t seem to in line with the topic of activities I use in the classroom, I couldn�t call it "unpedagogical". If it has educational values in some situations it is "pedagogical" although still a bit warped. I wouldn�t want to do that activity in my native language let alone a second language..

14 Nov 2008     

carlaaguiarsilva
Portugal

There are some crazy people around... terrible example...

14 Nov 2008     

Montypython
France

I had a look at it because I often study detective stories with my pupils but when i saw the task, I just decided against it. We�re supposed to teach them English but also values and so much more. So I guess it�s up to each of us but I preferred to avoid tackling that subject that way.

14 Nov 2008     

Maria Isabel
Peru

It definitely called my attention...and I�ve just posted a comment on the worksheet but I wanted to post one here too in case those 10 people who have downloaded this terrible worksheet(up to now) don�t have the chance to read what people think of what they did...I say: Boooo to all of you...why did you choose to have this horrible worsheet as part of your exercises for students...can�t you understand what your job as a teacher is....we MUST educate...not only instruct!
I wish we could do more to avoid this kind of things to happen....

14 Nov 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Hi all!

peterberlin has now removed this worksheet. I�m sure he didn�t really mean to offend.

I have a feeling he may be very new at teaching & maybe a young bloke to boot!

We should give him the benefit of the doubt!

Cheers,
B-)

30 Nov 2008