Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Weekly/Monthly/Termly Planning - Ideas needed!    

Weekly/Monthly/Termly Planning - Ideas needed!

izulia
China

Weekly/Monthly/Termly Planning - Ideas needed!

Dear friends and colleagues from this wonderful site.
I need your help with ideas on organising my weekly and termly planning.

I teach primary students (ages between 5 to 8 years old) at the moment. I am quite confident with what I need to teach and with my lesson plans. I used to write these in detail before, but nowdays I am quite clear what I should include in my lessons and I just keep short notes, but if need be I can easily write a detailed lesson plan.

However I am still looking for some good outlines of weekly/termly plans. In our school we are supposed to submit our weekly and termly plans (3 to 4 months), but the layout can differ to suit different teaching styles.

The weekly plan can be a good tool for teachers to see at a glance what you want to teach your students and then make some notes on what worked well or need to be improved next time. I keep my weekly plans on computer, but the problem is I don �t really use these plans when I have a new group of students because I I pretty much remember what I have done before and then I want to try out of some new ideas, etc. This makes me think, maybe there is a better way to organise my planning, so it actually helps me and not just takes my time? Perhaps organise my planning in topics/units?

Do you also write weekly and monthly plans? If so, what items do you include in your plans? Do they work for you well? I would really appreciate if you shared some ideas and/or sent me some samples of your planning templates/samples.

Thank you in advance,

Zulia

25 Jan 2010