Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Doubts from a newcomer    

Doubts from a newcomer

MsPoppins
Spain

Doubts from a newcomer

Dear All,

I have just started contribuiting to this wonderful website and I have two questions in mind, could anyone help me?
1st --> when somebody updates a printable because there is an error, how should he/she proceed? and, all the people who have already downloaded that sheet can download the new version for free, I mean, without charging them any points?

2nd --> concerning the 30 free downloads; the registration info says "Premium users (users with more than 30 points) will be able to download 30 new contributions for free every day." I �m sorry but I don �t get the idea clearly. Does it mean 30 new contributions every day... how long??Ermm for the rest of our lives?? or just the day you reach that amount?? and what does "new contributions" refer to? only the contributions made on the day you get the 30 points??

Sorry if any of the questions I ask sound silly, but I �m a bit confused.
Thanks a lot.
Ms Poppins Smile

25 Jan 2010      

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

1. If you update the printable you don �t know who downloaded it so you can �t send them all a copy of the new one. Some members make a separate thread on the forum about their ws, so that whoever downloaded it knew what to correct. And others offer in that thread to send a copy of the ws by e-mail. But this is all up to you.
2. Whenever you get 30 points (means that any of your wss are downloaded at least 30 times), you become premium member. Since that happy day you can enter the section of recent contributions and download any 30 wss from that section for free, as you said till the end of your life, means this rule doesn �t expire, for sure if you are not banned for not following the rules of the site, which you certainly won �t be.
Welcome to our big family.Heart

25 Jan 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

When you reach the 30 points, you can download 30 RECENT contributions for free every day.
YOU WILL BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER IN 2 HOURS TIME (MIDNIGHT SPANISH TIME)
Then you can download 30 FREE worksheets EVERY DAY until the end of your days :-)
(( until death do us part )) :-D sorry, just joking...

The link to recent contributions is DOWN LEFT on the main page
 Show all recent contributions

Free contributions have  this notice:
Download this worksheet     (As a premium member you can download this worksheet free of charge)

When you see this notice, you can download the printable for free.
When you download 30 worksheets, you must pay one point for any additional download, no matter if it is recent or not.

Old contribution (uploaded the day before yesterday or last week / last year... costs you 1 point each.

If you need to download many worksheets, the best way is to CONTRIBUTE regularly...
If you contribute, you will have a lot of points for downloading old printables...
I have cumulated thousands of points for my work in 6 months time... So don �t worry, if you need points, upload interesting, colourful + BW worksheets, add key, clear instructions, several pages and you can win many points you deserve...

Welcome to this wonderful community! I am sure you �ll like it here :-D

25 Jan 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Yulia and Moravc, I �m new too, and only have 12 points. Did you mean that if not even one of my uploads is downloaded at least 30 times I won �t be able to download ?
Also, are colorful sheets more "valuable" than BW ? Or is it about content ?
Thanks for clarifying !!
Hope it helps Ms Poppins too!
Big smile

26 Jan 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Hi, aliciapc!
You have 12 point, which means you can only download any 12 wss from this site. When you have 30 points you �ll be able to download 30 new contributions a day. To get 30 points you have to get people to download your wss 30 times at least (means 1 wss - 30 downloads, or 1wss - 15 downloads, 2nd wss - 15 downloads, like this)
Colorful sheets are not more valuable. It �s the way you make them look. For instance Alenka makes BW wss, but her work is easily recognizable and very useful that �s why she gets thousands of downloads (i don �t think she �ll ever be able to use all her points)))
Some colored sheets have nothing else but colors and pictures, you know what i mean? I �m also quite new here and at the time trying to develop a layout that will be attractive and not very hard to change to bw for print.

Hugs, YuliaSmile

26 Jan 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Absolutely clear now !! Thanks a lot !

26 Jan 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Yulia, one more thing, maybe you can help too !
I can �t upload ANYTHING! And it �s been happening for the past 3 days. The size is small and BW, not many pics, I can �t understand why ?!
Thank you again !

26 Jan 2010