Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What about files with OpenOffice?    

What about files with OpenOffice?

MsPoppins
Spain

What about files with OpenOffice?

Dear All,

I know the rules say that only .doc files can be uploaded, but... what about those created with OpenOffice? They are .odt.
The thing is that I have a nice colourful ws in .odt. I save it as .doc and when I open it with Word, all the colours are goneConfused

I cannot use Word because it was a trial version and can �t be used anymore, only for printing.

Has somebody ever had the same problem?

Thanks a lot.
MsPoppins

26 Jan 2010      

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

i use open but i always save the documents in .doc never in other format.   if you already made it try to copy paste it into a new doc and save it as.doc

27 Jan 2010     

MsPoppins
Spain

Thanks a lot lizsantiago. I � ve tried this morning but it hasn �t worked. I have used a different pc.
Smile 

27 Jan 2010     

cheerup
Germany

I tried to do that too but the layout always goes to pieces. It would be nice to be able to save the stuff in odt also - then each and every teacher can decidce whether they thinks it �s worth to download in this open format.

Word is really expensive when you have to buy it and openoffice is really doing a great job without charging money - although I give them money too because I believe in opensource.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.Big smile

25 Sep 2010