Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > Online exercises    

Online exercises

szamoca
Hungary

Online exercises

Dear Colleagues,

I have already written a post in connection with online exercises but now since I �m using it quite fequently I have got several questions.
1. Many exercises do not accept contracted forms and consider it as a mistake if Ss use full forms. I can �t check every exercise to warn my Ss what form they should use. Is there a solution for this?
2.Very often there are silly mistakes such as commas and full stops.
3. Sometimes Ss have a correct solution and they get different points.Why?

Isn �t there a problem with the programme?

I love using online exercises and my Ss too,however, they are quite upset when it turns out that the exercise didn �t work properly. I even give plus points to my Ss if they get 10 points. I have got 3 groups and once a week I give them online grammar exercises. It �s cheaper than making copies. Earlier somebody suggested writing to the creator of the exercise but it is impossible to write so many letters. Can you give me any advice?Is there a way to improve the programme?
Hugs
szamoca

27 Jan 2010      

Zora
Canada

People should put ALL options in when making the activities. The exercises allow for various answers and I think that people should always input however many options or activities there may be.

For example: if the answer is 210 -  I put in the box when I am making it: two hundred and ten/two hundred ten/210 - So that whatever answer the student chooses to write, it will be accepted.

I think the problem is that some people do not know how to use the functions properly when making the OE activities.

Also, you might want to try the accent sign ( �) instead of the apostrophe (�) sign because  people making the exercises might have used one instead of the other.

27 Jan 2010