Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > WHY CAN WE UPLOAD PPT IN 2007?    

WHY CAN WE UPLOAD PPT IN 2007?

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

WHY CAN WE UPLOAD PPT IN 2007?

I JUST MADE A PPT OF 27 SLIDES THAT IN 2007 IS ONLY 284KB WHEN SAVED IT ON COMPATIBILITY IT GREW TO ALMOST 3000KB . I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS!!!! I TRIED TO CUT IT BUT FROM 27 SLIDES I HAD TO MAKE 6 FILES. i THINK THAT IF WE WERE TO HAVE THE OPTION OF 2007 THERE WOULD BE MORE SPACE IN THE SITE SERVER SINCE WE WOULDN �T HAVE TO UPLOAD 6 FILES LIKE IN MY CASE AND JUST ONE.  WHAT DO YOU THINK?  IS THERE A PARTICULAR REASON WHY VICTOR WON �T ALLOW 2007 THAT ANYONE KNOWS OFF?

27 Jan 2010      

cagreis
Portugal

I don �t know if there �s a specific reason for this - but I absolutely agree with you, it would make things a lot easier.

27 Jan 2010     

teacherflorida
United States

I don �t know if this will help I do have some understanding of this.
A friend of mine has a gift business online and he showed me that he is able to pull up statistics on the computers that visit his site. I must say that I was amazed to see that  it showed that people all over the world are still working on very old systems. Like windows 95 97 and so on. Office 97 is compatible up until 2003. My guess is that to meet everyone �s needs victor chose to use a program that is compatible with most online computers. This way the worksheets can be customized to meet our individual needs. If he just wanted non customizable printable s we could all send PDF document.
I am just giving my two cents
We don �t have to like it but it does kind of make sense.
have a good day
kevin

28 Jan 2010     

menelmir
Hungary

I agree with you Cagreis, it would be a lot easier to upload nice presentations. I have a lot of them so I hope soon Victor will allow us to upload pptx format

Ivan

7 Feb 2010