Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Do any of you teachers have any little tips to make learning easier?    

Do any of you teachers have any little tips to make learning easier?

teachertonyinchina
China

Do any of you teachers have any little tips to make learning easier?

When teaching a new class ABCs I use flashcards with red backgrounds for the vowels? I have it explained to them that these letters are dangerous. Later when it comes to teaching the article I find it helps them very much. Also at the end of the lesson I show them plural flashcards with the same pictures as they have learnt ABC with, an introduction to plurals from the beginning.

28 Jan 2010      

douglas
United States

I really like playing hangman for teaching and reinforcing the alphabet (you can reinforce vocabulary at the same time).

28 Jan 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Hangman is absolutely great, alphabet race is fantastic too (have 2 sts from opposite teams stand in front of the board which you �ve covered with alphabet letters, but not in order, then tell them to cross out e. g. B - the first one to do it, gets the point), spelling dictations are great (dictate words by spelling them letter by letter but don �t say the whole word), making alphabet memory cards also helps. Alphabet songs are great, easily downloadable, many versions... I also like using sign language with my sts - I show them a letter sign with my fingers, and they say the letter in English.
Anita

28 Jan 2010