Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What books are reading lately??    

What books are reading lately??

Zora
Canada

What books are reading lately??

We had a topic or two a few months ago about our favourite books. Now, I thought it might be a fun idea if we could talk about the books that we are reading right now...

I �ll start...

Funnily enough, I was going through my stuff and I came across "The Great Brain Reforms." by John D. Fitzgerald. It �s sort of a young teenager kiddie book. I loved the whole "Great Brain" series when I was growing up and just devoured the book when I was in between classes yesterday.

I also just started "Startled by his Furry Shorts" by Louise Rennison this morning. It �s a book written for teenagers but anybody will probably find it funny if they are young at heart... *Word of warning though, it �s a diary written by a teenager and it �s full of oddities and slang that she and her friends use. Luckily there is a "mini-dictionary" at the back explaining some of the phrases. LOL 

28 Jan 2010      

juliag
Japan

I �m reading an Agatha Christie and I have to say that it �s brilliant!  Had no idea she was so much fun. Have also just finished reading a wonderful novel based on the conflict in Sri Lanka and a girl (who grows into a woman during the course of the book) who emigrated to the UK with her family. I think it was called Brixton Beach and it was an excellent book, though obviously heart-rending in parts.

28 Jan 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Me too, I �m reading Agatah Christie! LOVE IT, have been buying her books lately.
I �m also reading National Geographic these days, simply becaause I �ve got 4 issues by chance.

28 Jan 2010     

serennablack
Portugal

I �ve been reading liz gilbert: Eat, pray and Love and I �ve been quite surprised by it. I never thought I would like it. I also have been reading for a long time a book that I don �t seem to find a way to end reading which is Night Train to Lisbon by Pascal Mercier. Well, at least we are reading, right?

Have a good day!!

28 Jan 2010     

Ide_Bere
Mexico

I just read "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer and "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown.... I haven �t found any good book in English yet, so right now I �m in kind of a break. Here in San Luis Potosi (M�xico) is hard to find good English books without being novels....

28 Jan 2010     

DedicatedTeacher
United Arab Emirates

Hi there,

Shortly, I finished "Midnight Voices" by John Saul. He is a thriller writer. I love all his books. In this novel it was about a lady who lost her husband and start working for her children and paying off the different bills. She eventually, remarried a handsome guy who seems to love children. They moved to a building that every child had heard ghost stories about it. Things were great at the beginning but not for so long.

I really recommend this writer for those who love thrilling and horror novels. I love every book I read for him. I �m a big fan of this writer, and planning to buy as many as I can of his novels.

I started a new novel by Mary Higgins Clark; (No Place Like Home).

Oh, yes. Let me take the chance and ask anyone to recommend any thriller  or horror writer for me. I would be really grateful.

One more question: Do anyone read [Young Adult Fiction] Embarrassed, because I do. I read for Darren Shan and R. L. Stine. I started off reading at their level and still finding them great. I don �t care when people tell they are for children when I recommend some for them.  If you share with me the interest in Yound Adult Fictions do you have any recommendations?

Thanks Zora for starting this topic. I can never stop talking about books and novels.

Here is a good website that gives you the latest news and reviews on novels: Fantasic Fiction

28 Jan 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

I read Esau by Philip Kerr. I read it several years ago, but now I saw it through different eyes...

28 Jan 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

Do Swedish grammar and comprehension books count?... I want to sit the TISUS exam at the end of the year and I have to get from B1 to C1 level and it is making my brain bleed.

28 Jan 2010     

mariamit
Greece

I �m reading  The Wild Things by Dave Eggers. It �s a about a biy, Max who lives with his divorced mother and his sister. It lets you think like a child agin.

28 Jan 2010     

baiba
Latvia

I loooooooove this topic! Thanks, Zora!

At this moment I am into Roger Dean Kiser �s short stories published on the site www.eastoftheweb.com.

I read them together with my students, they have to do a worksheet on one of the stories, and they have confessed these stories are much better than anything they have to read at literature lessons! Our favourite is The Bully but others are also great.

Perfect to read with your students!

http://www.eastoftheweb.com/cgi-bin/read_db.pl?search_field=&order_by=author_last%2Ctitle&page=1&search_for=Kiser&x=0&y=0

28 Jan 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Right now I �m just finishing Ken Follet �s brick of a book called World Without End, which is the sequel to Pillars of the Earth. Great book.

I think I have every Agatha Christie book she ever wrote.  They take up at least 3 shelves here at home!

Have you ever read "The Shadow Children"? 

28 Jan 2010     

1    2    Next >