Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What are you reading? Part Two    

What are you reading? Part Two

Zora
Canada

What are you reading? Part Two

I just came back from class and saw that the other thread got bumped down so quickly that I just had to create another!! Here �s the other link:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=16099

Now, I have read some of Agatha Christie �s books and she was an amazing writer - and probably woman for her times.

@ DedicatedTeacher - I love John Saul!!!! I used to read all his books until I moved to Spain. Suffer the Children, Nathaniel, God Project... such good thriller books.

@Maiamit! "Where the Wild things Are"!!! I can remember my grade 1 teacher reading us that book!! Brings back memories when I heard you talking about it.

@Anaisabel.. I just read "The Shadow of the Wind" over Christmas -. and in English. A very good book. A bit hard to get into a first but I am glad I didn �t put it aside.

Kevin Follet �s Pillar of the Earth and World �s End are such great books. I am glad he changed genres and decided to move into a type "historical story telling".

Keep them coming folks. I also write down the titles of books that sound interesting and heaven knows my book shelf is screaming for some new "friends" LOL

28 Jan 2010      

baiba
Latvia

I just read in the news that J.D.Salinger has died Cry
It was only a day or two ago that I was looking at his Catcher in the Rye and wondering if he was still alive...

28 Jan 2010     

ludique22
France

I �ve just read the "Guernsey literary and potato peel pie society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and I simply loved it.

28 Jan 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Zora: You �re right! "The Shadow of the Wind "is a bit hard at the beginning !You can also read the prequel "The Angel �s Game".

28 Jan 2010     

Lancillotta:
Italy

Hi, I �m reading The Grammar of Fantasy: An Introduction to the Art of Inventing Stories by Gianni Rodari  and "The Child in His Family" by Maria Montessori. 

They are both interesting and the first is a little bit" magic" .

28 Jan 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

I just started "The Book of Negroes" by Lawrence Hill.

28 Jan 2010     

Hijab
Brazil

Hi Zora,

An year ago I finished translating the book "Tawheed by Bilah Philips" into Portuguese.

And nowI have just started translating "The Sealed Nectar by Safiur Rahman Mubarakpuri.

Does it count???

Leila

29 Jan 2010     

Zora
Canada

I guess it does Leila! Thumbs Up

And Anaisabel, I will keep my eyes open for the prequel. Thanks for letting me know about it. :)

29 Jan 2010     

lshorton99
China

I have the prequel to Shadow in the Wind! - getting books in English is more expensive in Spain so generally I either order batches from Amazon or go home and pick up a bunch of Waterstone �s 3 for 2. Of course, I then have to get them on the plane! Sometimes I read them in Spanish just because it �s easier!

I �ve just finished �A thousand splendid suns � by the author of �The Kite Runner � - I �d definitely recommend both books. I �ve been reading a lot of Douglas Coupland too - I like �Girlfriend in a Coma � and �Hey Nostradamos � but a lot of his books are a bit too self.referential. He wrote himself into one!

I recently read �Guernica � and �The Cathedral by the Sea � which were both fantastic as was �The Return � - I think by Victoria Hislop. Great for those who like Spanish history mixed with fiction.

I shouold stop now - I read a lot and could post all night!

I love this topic Zora! We should start an ESL Printables Book Club!

29 Jan 2010     

karinadebard
Argentina

I �ve just read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon, and I like it so much that I �m planning to read it again with my upper-intermediate students :-) Wonderful story -a very peculiar murder mystery that turns into a modern and funnier Catcher in the Rye- vivid depiction of characters and a great writing style!!!

29 Jan 2010     

yetigumboots
Germany

I �ve just read �Nineteen Minutes � by Jodi Picoult.... So sad   It really makes you think. Don �t walk away if you see kids being bullied... you never know where it might lead...... !!!!!!!!
   She also wrote �My Sisters Keeper � 
Yeti x

29 Jan 2010