Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The best grammar book ever!    

The best grammar book ever!

marta v
Serbia

The best grammar book ever!

Hi!

The best grammar book ever devised for young learners but also very good for adults is the Round-up series (1-7) by Virginia Evans (Pearson Longman) from beginner to upper-intermediate. With simple, concise and clear rules, with enough exercises and lots of visual stimuli. The vocabulary in the exercises is well adjusted to the appropriate levels. I love it!

Marta

29 Jan 2010      

Bare
Croatia

Yes, it �s great! I have No 1- 4 .

I also use

Raymond Murphy �s Essential Grammar in Use,  and English Grammar in Use ( Cambridge University Press ) - perfect explanation and nice practice

Swan & Walter The Good Grammar Book and How English works ( Oxford )

Kenna Bourke The Grammar Lab 1-3 ( Oxford )

Grammar Spectrum Series (1-3 ) ( Oxford)

I use a lot of grammar books but Murphy is No 1 for the levels I teach. And of course our ESL printables...Wink

29 Jan 2010     

douglas
United States

I also really like:

"Everything You Need to Know About English Homework" from Scholastic books.

I bought it for my daughter to help her in school (4th grade) and later, when I started teaching English Grammar to adults, I found it very helpful because it simplified many things, but it was accurate.

I think its target audience is 4th-6th grade native speakers of American English.  I made the company I now work for buy a copy for their library as well.

Douglas

29 Jan 2010