Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Black & White -vs- Color    

Black & White -vs- Color

sassouki
Tunisia

hi, I see no use in uploading or downloading both the b/w and the color versions. it �s just a way some people found to get more pts. well! since the color version attracs the eye, download it then when you print go to "properties"/ "color" then choose "print in grey scale" and you �ll get your b/w version! it doesn �t get much easier! you can print one colored copy to keep in your portfolio and hand the b/w ones to your students.

31 Jan 2010     

baiba
Latvia

I also wish we could share the resources for IWB since many schools have it. I use it too but rarely because there are not enough resources for my liking, and making them takes sooooo much time!
Turning a ws into b/w means you have to click on every coloured "spot" and change it manually. But you can print the ws greyscale. Then you have to set your printer preferences to print greyscale which is a piece of cake!

Edit: Agree with sassouki!

31 Jan 2010     

mena22
Portugal

GSmileSmileD MORNING everybody!

In my school we have a certain amount of credits per term for the printers - a B&W page "costs" a credit and a coloured one 2 credits. We print a worksheet and then leave it at the copyroom for more copies because it �s much cheaper for the school. But there is no limit for B&W copies, you may take as many as you need. The coloured copies must be taken with moderation though. Whether coloured or B&W, students don �t have to pay anything for the copies.
Teachers like me, who like to give their students coloured handouts on a regular basis, must print them at home. I do that when I have few classes. For example, this year I have a reduced timetable because I �m taking part in a project (Regional Curriculum for foreign languages) and as I only have 3 classes I often print my worksheets at home (I always choose the economic fast option). When I have more classes (6), my students have B&W copies and I give them coloured ones once or twice a month. Whatever the case, I always make my worksheets using colours. If I want to take B&W copies, I print one in greyscale. If it has a background I remove it before printing. If it has coloured boxes, I select them all at the same time and remove the colours. It �s really easy and fast. As for the clip art, I usually keep them because they are there intentionally, for a purpose.

Wish you all a nice Sunday!
Hugs,Hug
mena

31 Jan 2010     

Greek Professor
Greece

Good Morning...

Nice topic...

me too... b/w....from the school printer or photocopier...

But if i want to give my students pictionary �s well... I use my own printer....especially for the younger students... otherwise for the older students it will either be b/w or i will use the interactive board....

that �s life i suppose...when teachers wanna do do more... then it come out of our paycheck... well for me...anyway..

be well

31 Jan 2010     

marta v
Serbia

I use my own printer to print in colour or b&w, but always copy in b&w for my students. Even though it �s all grey to them, they seem to enjoy it more.

We can copy (in b&w) as much as we want in school, as long as we use our own paper. So I buy a whole pack (500 sheets) every month. That �s my �sacrifice � for more enjoyable tasks. I don �t ask for any money from my pupils.

Marta

31 Jan 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi! Nice topic!
In my school - You cannot judge a country �s system of Education with just one example I guess! - B&W ws are OK : We can print - well, send them to the copyroom - as many ws as we like , esp. for Special needs, as there are not course books for these kids! You can also print a few coloured ws at school, but as our classes have around 30 students , we usually print coloured posters only. I work in a State school, and asking the families for money is illegal : No one would / could do that here - fortunately. So, when I get a colourful ws from here , I usually turn it into grey scale, & photocopy it for my kids. If I intend to use the OHP, or make a classroom poster, I always use my own printer & print a colourful ws...
I do not really mind colourful ws : I always delete colourful backgrounds & do some changes, but , even if it takes me some time to do it, it would be much more time-consuming if I had to create everything!
As far as I am concerned, I do not need ws with pics for my 15-16 year-old students, but the younger ones, esp my Special Needs! - do love YOUR wonderful coloured papers!
Sooooooo, deleting some pics or turning a ws into grey scale has never been a problem with me, but a great help!!
Have a nice day!
Sylvie

31 Jan 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

I have  to print in b/w but i don �t have a limit. I always make my ws in color and when i have the time i put them in the same document in b/w. i do them in color because i have a portfolio where i put my work and show it when i am looking for work. thought i have never understood what is the big problem here with the color since any ws can be printed in grayscale without having to touch the ws. grayscale option even have an option that you can adjust how dark or clear you want the ws and it just take less than a minute.

31 Jan 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Hello!
In my school there is a b&w photocopying machine which we can use, of course, not every day and not tons of stuff. I sometimes print colour wss for my sts at home as a special surprise (at my own expense), but since we have a projector at school, I often use ppts and wss in colour simply for sts to view and do the tasks orally or in their notebooks.

31 Jan 2010     

ohermann
Czech Republic

Hello, in my humble opinion, worksheets should be less coloured. In spite of the fact you print in greyscale, you consume too much black ink. Wink I am not against colourful printables, I like them, but in a modest way.

1 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2