Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Moodle and ESL Printables worksheets    

Moodle and ESL Printables worksheets

maayyaa
Slovenia

Moodle and ESL Printables worksheets

Hello everyone,

I �ve just read the posts on B&W worksheets and one of the contributors mentioned they use Moodle. I think it �s a great idea since some of my students expressed a wish they got colour worksheets, which I cannot provide.

I �d like to know if it is possible to put other contributors � worksheets onto Moodle where my students can access them or is that a violation of the copyright.

I am not familiar with Moodle yet, but I �m trying to collect some info.

Thanks for the answer!

31 Jan 2010      

stexstme
France

Hello Maayyaa,
Sorry I �m not going to be of any help (!)& I do not really know what Moodle is ...! but I �ve got a similar question : My school has got a fairly new site ( using Spip ), & I wonder if it would be possible to post ws, & esp. PPTs from here ?? ( giving the source - of course! ) It �s pretty new for me, & as my kids cannot really use PCs at school - the only way.. is the school site! - I just wondered...
My question is this : As it IS a site - even if "very poor " & new, I guess anyone can get to the ressources... Posting a PPT  there would be the only way my kids could enjoy the wonderful ones I found here...Can one do that ????
I read some time ago messages about colleagues here using computers in class ...! Lucky you!! In some ( many ?? )small  French State schools, it is just not possible : Over 30 students per class; not enough PCs - if any ... Bla, bla! ( But I �m not supposed to talk about politics, free EDUCATION for all, equal chances ... & so forth... Am I ????????LOL )
From a school teacher working with ... forgotten ... kids, ( here she goes again!!!LOL )
Have a tweet day, & thank you in advance for your answers,
Sylvie  

31 Jan 2010     

Bare
Croatia

Dear Maayyaa, I have the same question. Smile

I have some Moodle courses for my school children too. Only registered children from my school can log in  ( it �s the e-learning part) so it �s not available to others.You cannot register without admin �s permission , and only our students are the members of the courses. I think that if I upload a file on that closed part of the site I do not violate the rules of this site because it �s the same as if I gave my students photocopies. Only they can get them this way but I think we should ask Victor  his  opinion / permission.

What about the others....What do you think?

31 Jan 2010     

baiba
Latvia

I agree with Bare.

Moodle is a closed site, actually, it �s a software which you have to download to your server if you want to use it. You can access it only with a password which is given by the administrator. It is not open to public, not even if you give away the link.

It is like a virtual classroom so I think it is perfectly acceptable to use worksheets from this or any other site like you use them in class.

In many ways Moodle is a very convenient and contemporary tool provided your students can get access to the internet (not necessarily at home).

31 Jan 2010     

cagreis
Portugal

I personally don �t use Moodle because students have to have an access code. Instead I used k12lessonplans.com to create a webpage. Here you can upload ws for your students to download and much more. Check it out.

31 Jan 2010     

ohermann
Czech Republic

Hello, very good question. Victor should plainly express the rule in the matter. I think Moodle can be a great support for teaching (not only) a language. And as for the worksheets from this web page used in Moodle - I think the best way is to change wks in .DOC format into .PDF format enabled only to print. So then you have two-level control, the first one - access to the material possible only  for your students, and the second one - they can only print it (the same as they are given the wks during the lesson).

2 Feb 2010