Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Using a newspaper article?    

Using a newspaper article?

Monkena
Germany

Using a newspaper article?

Can I just clarify something.  I have made a gap-fill exercise but the text is directly from a newspaper article.  Am I allowed to send it as a printable or is that considered �someone else �s work �?

Thanks!

1 Feb 2010      

Lana.
Ireland

The article serves you as the original source and the exercise is fully yours, and since students will need the article in the end to check their exercise the article must stay. I see no reason why you can �t upload this worksheet.

Just please provide the newspaper name and the author �s name. And you should be fine, I reckon. Thumbs Up

P.S. I �m a fan of newspaper article exercises.

1 Feb 2010     

cagreis
Portugal

Totally agree with Lana. I think it �s better to use authentic texts (rather than producing themselves) and then make our own interpretation exercises.

1 Feb 2010     

Monkena
Germany

Thanks both of you - I use them quite often for business English students (though I don �t know whther that would be of any use here?) because I get them weekly, courtesy of a friend!

3 Feb 2010