Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TKT    

TKT

maoopa
China

TKT

I have written an article about TKT, I just want to know if you know about it (what it is), and if you do, what you think about it.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Mauro

3 Feb 2010      

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hello Mauro ,
I have taken the 3 modules you mention (there are two more now: TKT cal and TKT clil ) 2 years ago and I did because I informed myself about it and found that it was - in my opinion - an objective way of evaluating a teacher �s knowledge OF the language and ABOUT teaching.
In the case of English speaking countries I think it also assesses the teaching part objectively, the fact that English is the native tongue doesn �t have anything to do with how good or bad your teaching skills are. But I wouldn �t know about the part of  testing the language in itself, since it �s much easier for you to learn what �s correct in English as the language is all around you !!
You have mentioned everything regarding the exam, I have nothing to add, except maybe that you never actually fail this exam, you get a grade. It �s band 1 to 4 being 4 the best.
Also, each module consists of 80 multiple choice questions to be answered in an hour (I think it was an hour, I don �t know if it has changed).
So, if there is anything else you want to find and I can help, just let me know.
A hug.
Alicia
PS, here �s the link to TKT in case somebody else wants to find out more or see a sample exam.
                     http://www.cambridgeesol.org/exams/teaching-awards/tkt.html

3 Feb 2010     

Crespus2006
United States

Hi Mauro!

Yes, I know TKT. Actually, I have to say that the TKT Course (which is offered by some schools around the world) changed my life. It �s really excellent!

25 Feb 2010