Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with a ws size.    

Help with a ws size.

aliciapc
Uruguay

Help with a ws size.

Please can anyone tell me how to reduce the size of a 10 page ws ? I tried doing what I read in the FAQ but couldn �t, the pics got smaller but the fonts didn �t.
I tried updating and uploading again but the new fewer pages won �t appear on screen ! Thanks for helping !

4 Feb 2010      

lazzy
Vietnam

what �s wrong with the font? Did you check the font zise? I think you should split the ws into 2 or 3 parts if you dont know  how to make it smaller. Anyways 10 pages is too much. do you think so?

4 Feb 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

If you talk about the Carnival worksheet, everything seems OK.
There are all 7 pages - text, pics and questions... If there are more pages, you may write the info in the description... The preview is usually incapable of showing all pages... Just write a short note about what can �t be seen in the preview...
Try to download and see if everything is OK when downloaded...
If you are worried because of  the size of the font, you may try to change it and make it smaller... But it isn �t really necessary, the downloaders can do it themselves... It is editable...
The limit is 290 kB, so you may upload a worksheet consisting of 20-50 pages of text... No problem...
If there are too many pics, you may delete them or replace them by small CLIPARTS....
Most pictures are UNnecessary...
You may also consider RESIZING THE PICTURES before you insert them into a new document...
Try http://www.pixelapp.com/Free-Photo-Converter.htm
It resizes ALL pictures in one folder (up to hundreds of pics) in a few moments...
IF you are still in doubt, contact me via PM. I will try to help...

4 Feb 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Thank you very much both of you, I �ll try the site you recommended moravc ! My idea was to make it smaller so if anyone wants to download it he/she doesn �t have to use so many points ! Thanks a lot !!

4 Feb 2010     

conqueror_mko
Turkey

once I followed this procedure and it worked ... I compresse the pictures and 1.71 mb of a

paper became 74 kb ...come on a picture on your page ... right click ... picture toolbar ...

compress picture ... all the pictures ... web ratio

4 Feb 2010