Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > English tea    

English tea

morganalin
Portugal

English tea

I would like to recreate an English tea party with my adults group. But I don �t know what to do with them...Wht can they do? What can they say to recreate the perfect scenario? I need ideas. Your help is valuable, thanks a lot in advance.
Have a good evening, night, ..., ....
Hugs from Portugal

4 Feb 2010      

libertybelle
United States

Not quite sure about a tea party, but one of my groups made English breakfast.
We made recipes in groups.
We borrowed a kitchen and spoke English while making food, setting the table, making the tea  etc.
Then we spoke English during the breakfast.
You could do the same. Have your students look up Tea or High Tea and organize it.

L

4 Feb 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Morganalin

You could watch/analyse a section of an English tea party in a movie and then recreate the scene.  There are many British films with tea party scenes.

If you take a look at this link you �ll find some info.  If you look at the menu on the right side of the page you�ll see more links for tea parties. . http://www.teapartygirl.com/jane-austen-lived-before-the-inventor-of-afternoon-tea

They also talk about the movie Miss Potter.

Cheers

Jayho

5 Feb 2010