Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Essay writing for students.....    

Essay writing for students.....

Samantha.esl
Italy

Essay writing for students.....

Hello teachers!
I need your help.
I have some private students who were asked by their teacher to search for essays on different topics to analyse. So I suppose she/he wants students to read as many essays as possible to have as examples and then write their own.
I �ve searched on the net but I need essays (if possible written by other students) and the level of the language should be between intermediate to advance..
I �ve found some but the language level is for advanced + students.
I �d like to ask you if you know, or have some essays you could send me or links I could visit to help these people.

Thank you very much!

4 Feb 2010      

anaisabel001
Spain

Have a look at your PM.!!

4 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Dear Ana!
Thank you! I �ve downloaded the second one. As what I need is something like the second worksheet. The first one is more like a biography and these students need to analyse opinion, for and against, and other essays!

And I also need to have essays which are about 500-1000 words! If you happen to know of a site, or have some more in your computer even if they aren �t put into a layout that would be enough..as I only need the texts.

Thank you so much for your help!

Sam

4 Feb 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Sam

You �ll find sample student essays by ESL students here: http://www.eslbee.com/.

I always use the sample cause/effect essay of �Standing up your girlfriend on a date � when teaching cause/effect - not only is it entertaining but the students love it.

Cheers

Jayho

5 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi Jayho!
Thank you very much for your help!!!

5 Feb 2010     

douglas
United States

Just what I needed for a student I am starting to tutor--Thank you

5 Feb 2010