Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > If u can please help    

If u can please help

alsailiya
Qatar

If u can please help

Hi everyone,I need some suggestions for two topics if  can.
next wednesday I have to do a workshop which is titledeffective worksheets I already prepare some items ,but if you have suggestions or any site that can help please inform me.
The second is I want to do an english fair in my school ,but I don �t know what this fair should include.I just have the idea of doing an english fair ,but honestly I don �t know what it should include.

Thank you all for all your contributions in this site,

6 Feb 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

As for the wss, not really sure now what to suggest. As for the fair you could perhaps create corners (equipped with posters, magazine materials, listening material...- definitely include your sts in the preparation) -
1. reading corner - where visitors would see famous author �s profiles from the English speaking world, with some books they could sit down to read or even buy (even used books would be great)
2. listening/music corner - same thing but with music and audio stories, even karaoke, cut outs of songs/texts which visitors could try to arrange while listening
3. theatre corner - where some sts would perhaps put on a play or a sketch, you could also have some props to show what the initial thertres looked like, esp in Shakespeare �s time
4. travel corner - a geographical stand, with posters, objects, videos from English speaking countries, famous buildings, perhaps some suggestions about scolarships or even pen pals from the English speaking world
5. art corner - famous artists (painters and sculptors from the English speaking world) and their work, esp if there is some work of art in your country
6. celebrity corner - famous people from English-speaking history, scientists, movie makers, astronauts, singers, all kinds of people humanity should be proud of - if you have sts who can draw well, they could make huge, life-size cardboard figures of famous people with the famous person �s faces cut out (e. g. M. Monroe in the white dress but without face, so visitors place their face in the blank and have their pic taken), or you could even have some sts pose as famous people behind a dark curtain, have visitors ask them personal questions and try to guess who they are - the celebrity impersonators could have notes, biographical facts about this person with them)
7. games corner - prepare a board game, memory games, if possible even a laptop with online games or CD-roms, a floor game, a quiz, word puzzles etc. which visitors could play
8. bingo corner - perhaps one stand where visitors could pull out lottery tickets and win/not win some English book, cd, poster etc. 
I �m not sure I guessed what you need, but if it �s a fair for sts (esp teenagers) the point is to get them interested, to make it fun, not to make it feel like your typical day at school and to get them involved in the making process.
Best of luck!
Anita

6 Feb 2010     

eng789
Israel

Here �s some sites about effective wss.  Hope they help.

http://www.sunderlandschools.org/mfl-sunderland/resources/PrimaryFrench/ICTworksheets.pdf

http://www.bgci.org/education/designing_effective_works/

6 Feb 2010