Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > about computer usage    

about computer usage

denizvederya
Turkey

about computer usage

Dear All,

I would like to ask two questions about computer usage. Can somebody answer me?

1. Is there a way to change the background color of a picture to the one we chose for a table? when I put a picture in the table for which I chose a different color from the pictures � bakground, the background color of picture stands out and looks distracting.
2. There are some worksheets. When I click on them the page moves as a whole with all the tables and pictures on it. If one wants to delete a picture, for example, all things are deleted. I have already asked one of the members and received a kind answer. Yet, I couldn �t manage it. I grouped all things into a text box but the result didn �t change. Can you help me, please?

Thanks for your valuable time.

Deryadeniz

10 Feb 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

HI!
Not sure I �ll be able to help, but I �ll try.
1. in the newer versions of Office there is an option to recolor the background in the toolbars - when you click on recolor, your mouse pointer becomes like a brush and when you click on the pic �s background with it, the pic �s background becomes transparent. If you don �t have that, the only thing you can do is choose clipart with transparent background
2. I think this is what happens when you make a table without first going down with enter - you have to be able to click on the paper surface under the table and move with enter, without  having the mouse pointer stuck in the table and moving everything together - a friend of mine often made that mistake by putting a table across one page without first opening another, so when she got to the bottom of the 1st one and pressed enter, everything moved together

10 Feb 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Deryadeniz,

The answer to your 2nd question.
If you use Word2007, click on the picture in the document, go to Picture tools - Format. Look for Group tab, click on it and select Ungroup. Then you should be able to move or delete any picture.
I agree with Anita about your 1st question.

10 Feb 2010     

denizvederya
Turkey

Thank you anitarobi and baiba...

10 Feb 2010