Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > English as a Lingua Franca    

English as a Lingua Franca

maoopa
China

English as a Lingua Franca

There are those who argue that only one out of every four users of English in the world is a native speaker of the language (Crystal 2003). If that is true, we can no longer think that a certain variety of English is better than others, or rank varieties from better to worse or vice versa. This is not because the fact of having nonnative speakers makes all varieties equally good or bad, but because ... [more]

13 Feb 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

what �s the point of this post, except that you �re advertizing your blog?

13 Feb 2010     

Vernica
Belgium

As a linguistic, David Crystal didnt mean what you are pointing out, in fact he is a very well known defender of every English dialectalisms, ways of talking or whatever you want to name it, If you want to argue this I invite you to Bangor University to a lectur.
By the way I totally agree with Elojolie274.

13 Feb 2010     

maoopa
China

Good!

I also respect Crystal, did you read the end? I invite you to do it.

About advertising, I am just going to say I disagree.

Respectfully,

Mauro

13 Feb 2010