Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > film in which a job interview appears    

film in which a job interview appears

peiolei
Spain

film in which a job interview appears

Hi everyone. I �m preparing a unit about jobs and I would like to create an activity based on a film clip. I would like to show students a job interview which we can see in a film but I don �t remember any film with it. Could you help me?

Thanks in advance,
Paola

13 Feb 2010      

coasvaf
Portugal

"Erin Brockovich" with Julia Roberts seems fine to me. It is also fine to deal with Environment. I �ve worked it for the topic jobs.
Hugs from cold Portugal.

13 Feb 2010     

patty39
Brazil

Dear Paola,

I know these other movies, too: Cocktail (with Tom Cruise), Mary Poppins, The Firm (with Tom Cruise), Mrs. Doubtfire", The Associate (with Whoopi Goldberg), Three to Tango, The Secret of My Success, Freedom Writers (based on a true story), The Pursuit of Happiness - THE BEST EXAMPLE!!! (another true story), The Devil Wears Prada (another very good example) and Night At The Museum.

Good luck!

13 Feb 2010     

lilimauve
France

Erin Brockovitch, Working Girl and the Full Monty can be used. Here are two links for specific videos.

13 Feb 2010     

baiba
Latvia

I �ve used this video to add some fun to a bit boring and serious topic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYYAvPjNmYY

There are some more good clips on the same YouTube page.

13 Feb 2010     

neska10
Spain

At the beginning of the film �Erin Brockovich � �(Julia Roberts stars this interesting film) there is a job interview

13 Feb 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi, you also have a couple of scenes in the movie "Marley and Me". Otherwise you have many episodes of Friends that deal with job interviews - if you want a list, I can have a look depending on the characters... I like using Friends because the scenes are short and usually they are very funny (images and words).

13 Feb 2010     

agagug
Canada

As for an exemple of what you should not do in an interview, I would think of � �Trainspotting � �

Regards

Agagug

13 Feb 2010     

kprichorniana
Mexico

Bridgit Jones, Two weeks notice, Spanglish, and a very, very very old one "Don �t tell mom the babysitter is dead" 

13 Feb 2010