Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > VALUES IN THE SCHOOL     

VALUES IN THE SCHOOL

noemilima
Argentina

VALUES IN THE SCHOOL

HELLO AGAIN!!! I need some material to work VALUES with my 6� grades students. Do you have any suggestion, do you know any page that could help me THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

13 Feb 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

HI! I �ve sent you a pm...

13 Feb 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

I don �t know what exactly you mean by �values � but if you mean what I think you mean - the moral guidelines kind of thing - then I have an idea...
A while ago someone here posted a link to a video on hunger in the world and how most of us are so blessed we don �t even know it. It was called �chicken a la carte � you can just you-tube it and it will show up for sure. I think it is a great video to show young people and a lesson on values would be a wonderful excuse to have them watch it. It has no words so it fits even the lowest level of students but the message is very strong and might not fit every group... I brought it to the homeroom teacher and she showed it to our 6th graders and the class literally fell silent after watching it (no small feat in an otherwise very -understated- boisterous class....) It might be a great way to open a unit on values...

p.s. "to you-tube" is that a verb? ;0
I really need to learn how to post a link.....

13 Feb 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

@ Marion... I guess we can youtube.. I know I google

To post a link, just highlight the word or group of work you want to link. Then click on the icon of the planet with a link (it says "insert hyperlink", second one from the left in the reply box) A window will open. Copy paste your internet address and voil�!

13 Feb 2010     

serene
Greece

Marion, you can post a link by copying and pasting the address of a page from the address bar, like this:

or you can select the text you want to turn into a hyperlink, then click the Insert Hyperlink button , paste the address in the box that opens and click Ok. Like this:

edit: It seems I had been typing when Manon sent her reply.

13 Feb 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Wow, thanks, I �ll try that next time! If I understand you correctly it becomes "clickable" automatically? This hyperlink option, I undersatnd I need to type the words (like; chicken a la carte � ) and then provide a link there in a seperate field? That already sounds more complicated...Is that also how that function (add hyperlink) in Word works? Wow, great, never too old to learn.. 
Did you also have a look at the video? what do you think? Is it too much for students?

13 Feb 2010     

serene
Greece

Marion, I like this video (actually I first saw it when a link to it was posted here some time ago) and I think it is a good idea to show it to our students.

Noemilima, I don �t know what values exactly you want to teach but I think a song like Imagine (John Lennon) or Brothers in Arms (Dire Straits) might be a good idea.
Also you could have a lesson on famous people like Ghandi or M. L. King or N. Mandela. There are some relevant worksheets on this site.

You can also find worksheets on famous people here

13 Feb 2010