Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Removed contribution    

Removed contribution

Stepha
Portugal

Removed contribution

Hello!

I have a doubt and i hope someone can bring some enlightenment to my confused mind.Confused

I uploaded a simplified version of the tale Puss in Boots and it has been removed under the claim that it is not an esl resource. Can someone just explain to me why it is not an esl resource. It was written in English, I use it in class with my ss and there are several activities that can be done with it.

Thanks in advance

Stepha

14 Feb 2010      

mena22
Portugal

Hi Stepha! Uplpad the story with the " activities that can be done with it" and it will be considered an ESL resource.  You can easily find tales on the Net, and when we want to share it, we just give the link in the forum. No need to upload a worksheet.

Hope I could help.
Have a nice day.
mena

14 Feb 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Dear Stepha,
Mena is right.  It was agreed to upload a picture or text with the new original ACTIVITIES.
It �s because most teachers use copied stories from net, and ctrl+c and ctrl+v is not a worksheet, it �s just a quick copy... In all the worksheets there MUST be some PERSONAL touch, original input...

In other words, all contributors are asked to upload worksheets consisting of their own work... If you upload an adapted text, please state the sources. (book, link...)

I know it is sometimes hard to simplify / adapt the text and it can be really time-consuming, but please always add a few questions, or fill-in exercise, or vocabulary exercises - write synonyms/antonyms... Whatever you find useful... It may take you just a few minutes... (1-2)
Wink
Good luck!

14 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Well, in fact, if the tale has been simplified or adapted by yourself, then it should not be removed, since it is your own work. There is no need to add exercises or activities. Please take into account that there is a category called "readings".

The worksheet would be not allowed if you just copy and paste the tale, even if you spend hours "decorating" it. But if you add your personal work, making your own adaptation of the text, then there is no problem.

Please send me the ID number of the worksheet and I �ll have a look at it.

Best wishes,

Victor

14 Feb 2010     

Stepha
Portugal

I �ll add the exercises I did with my ss and I �ll upload it again because it has been removed. I did not copy and paste it from the internet and I added it in the readings category.
Thanks Victor, Moravc and Mena.

14 Feb 2010