Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need a book!     

I need a book!

Dianna Madrigal
Costa Rica

I need a book!

Hi guys!

First of all,

���HAPPY VALENTINE�S DAY���

Now, I�ve been asked to design a program for an English course. It has to be planned for hotel employees from a touristic place in my country, at the beach. I would like you to recommend me a book I could use for this purpose. It�ll be a 40 hours course, and it�s supposed to include the fundamentals of English in general, but emphasizing customer service and human resources contents. I really appreciate your suggestions. Have a wonderful week.  Thanks!!!

P.s. This is a picture of one beach of the place I am going to teach the course! An awesome, highly recommended destination for your vacation. :)

14 Feb 2010      

lshorton99
China

Hi - I can �t recomend one in particular but most Business English books should cover what you want. If you don �t want a business English course then the New English file has quite a lot of functional language.

Could I just add that it �s very mean of you to post that picture! It �s raining outside my window and I �m very jealous!

Lindsey

15 Feb 2010     

Nereis
Argentina

You can try with Basic Survival English and Survival English from Macmillan and to the restaurant part Ready to order from Longman. Maybe not all the book would be useful, but some units can be OK
Hugs
Nereis

15 Feb 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

I think you should look for a specific book catering to the hotel and tourism industry. If I were you, I �d head to the nearest (and biggest) ESL book store in town to check out all their titles. 

If there is none on your lovely tropical beach, check out the Internet first. The series �Highly Recommended � maybe? Search with keywords such as �hotel english esl student book � and you �ll get useful links like this one.

15 Feb 2010