Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > 4 years girl...    

4 years girl...

Nurs86
Spain

4 years girl...

Today, I have a little girl (in order to teach her English in individual lessons) for the first time��� I �m really nervous, I have a lot of children in my classroom, but neither of them are so young... Can someone tell me the way to start with her?? Games?? Songs?? Where can I find miterial for young learners?? She doesn �t write... I cannot do any worksheet with her... I �m really scared�� Please... Help me��� Confused

15 Feb 2010      

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Check out Gabitsa. She has really nice wss for small kids. And also someone else (is it Gabitsa again?) has wss for those who still can �t write.
Good luck to you.

15 Feb 2010     

Nurs86
Spain

Thanks�� I �m going to check it��

15 Feb 2010     

Nurs86
Spain

If someone else would like to help me�� I will be really glad

15 Feb 2010     

Nurs86
Spain

Sorry, i was looking for Gabitsa.. but it doesn �t appear��

15 Feb 2010     

Nurs86
Spain

Sorry, i was looking for Gabitsa.. but it doesn �t appear��

15 Feb 2010     

Nurs86
Spain

HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

15 Feb 2010     

lshorton99
China

Relax! The good thing about teaching children that young is that they want to learn, they want to like you and they want to enjoy everything! If you �ve already taught children, the fact that she �s that much younger won �t make all that much difference - I �m sure you �ll be fantastic!

Songs and games are good - definitely check out those worksheets Yulia recommended. I suggest starting with things like the alphabet and numbers. You can teach her the alphabet song. Get her to practise writing letters before doing any other work - she may not have done much writing in her first language. Then you can move on to colours and vocabulary she will need - teach her simple questions and answers orally - �What �s your name �, �How old are you � �Can I have a pencil, please � so that she can start basic communication in English. Give her instructions in English - stand up, sit down etc - try directing her to colour something a particular colour and do it withb her so she picks it up - for example, �Colour the pencil red. �

As she gains a little more vocabulary try wordsearches and jumbled words that she has to write.

Again, I �m sure you �llbe fine - good luck!

15 Feb 2010     

lshorton99
China

search for gabitza - that �s the person you want. Also, try typing into the search elementary, age 4 and you get pages of contributions you can check out. Victor did a great numbers one, there �s a nice rainbow.

please don �t panic!

15 Feb 2010     

stexstme
France

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=142497#thetop
Big smile
For very young kids :

Hope this helps!
Sylvie

15 Feb 2010     

Nurs86
Spain

Thanks a lot��� your words �ve reassured me�� Thanks a lot again�� I �ll tell you how it is going on�� Kisses from Cordoba�

15 Feb 2010     

1    2    Next >