Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ideas for CARNIVAL (Preschool)    

Ideas for CARNIVAL (Preschool)

marykate
Spain

Ideas for CARNIVAL (Preschool)

Hello friends!!

It �s the Carnival week and I need some funny ideas to prepare a lesson with preschool children (3-5 years old): Carnival songs, craft activities, games ... I accept anyone.

THANKS in advance!!  Hug

15 Feb 2010      

margax
Spain

I �ve never worked with  preschool children, but I remember once  a friend and I disguised as Mickey and Minnie and went to my son �s nursery school, where we taught them to sing � head shoulders knees and toes �. They loved it and didn �t recognize us, since we didn �t speak a word in Spanish. Perhaps you could do the same with different cartoon characters or a different song. It �s just an idea... 

15 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi!

What about having a costume fashion show... You can revise, or teach (if it hasn �t been taught before), items of clothing. They can prepare some masks and say what they are wearing.
You can also revise colours. (have/has got OR Present continuous..) of  course I do not mean to sit down and write drills!! NO..of course. But they can use those structures in an oral way to say what they are wearing or what items they have got. What colour is it? Etc..

15 Feb 2010     

aftab57
United Kingdom

You might find something here.

16 Feb 2010     

Stepha
Portugal

What I did with my kids was: each one coloured a cat or a clown mask, I added wool whiskers and hair, after getting everything ready with did a mini carnival parade in the classroom and they told me the colour of their mask, their favourite colour, toy and animal. I got them to sing "I like to move it" from the Madagascar movie soundtrack.

16 Feb 2010     

marykate
Spain

THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all of you!! Now I �ve got more ideas thanks to YOU!!!  A SUPER HUG!!!

16 Feb 2010