Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > facial paralysis    

facial paralysis

ELOJOLIE274
France

facial paralysis

okay,
I know it �s not the place to talk about medical stuff but i �m really worried and i thought that maybe some of you could help me...

I suffer from facial paralysis: half of my face is paralysed - i look like two-face in batman... no need to say I can �t teach right now: i can hardly speak French sometimes, so speaking English and correcting my pupils would be impossible...
there �s nothing wrong with my brain, it �s just a virus, but the doctor said it might take 3 weeks to recover, or 6 months, but there �s also a 5% chance i might never recover...

I was wondering if some of you had experienced that before? if you have or a friends of yours, could you please send me a private message to tell me what happened...
i �m worried, i �m afraid i won �t be able to teach, i �m scared because i can �t do anything right now to get better, the virus has to disappear on its own...

for those who will think this message is not supposed to be on the forum, please understand me, i just need advice, from teachers who had the same thing... i �m not the kind of girl who would annoy you, but i don �t know what to do and this community has always helped me to become a better teacher that �s why i �m asking for help here...

don �t write anything on the forum, if you can/want to help me, send me a private message please...

Elodie

18 Feb 2010      

stexstme
France

I �ve just pmed you Elodie.

18 Feb 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Check my PM

18 Feb 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi Elodie
This happened to my aunt as well. It was a virus like you and she recovered quite nicely in a short amount of time.

I can �t put you in touch with her because she does not speak English.

Get well soon!

18 Feb 2010     

johanne23232
Israel

I sent you a PM, in the meantime don �t worry Tongue

18 Feb 2010