Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need some help!    

I need some help!

magdita
Argentina

I need some help!

Hi everyone! I �m translating a document related to a credit card statement and it appears everywhere qualifying balance, do you happen to know what it means? If you can tell me in Spanish it would be great, otherwise you can explain it to me in English it will also help me a lot . Thank you so much! 

18 Feb 2010      

Germanic
Portugal

Hi,

i was just able to find two entries and i couldn �t even find the term in one of the expensive dictionaries. anyway, see if this solves the problem

The qualifying balance of Current and Savings Accounts is the total monthly net average credit balance of all local and foreign currency accounts of the previous calendar month from the Visa Infinite Card statement. The maximum Std$ points that can be granted for Current and Savings Accounts is 1,000 Std$ points per month.
The qualifying balance of Fixed Deposits is the total monthly average balance of all local and foreign currency Fixed Deposits of the previous calendar month from the Visa Infinite Card statement. The maximum Std$ points that can be granted for Fixed Deposits is 1,000 Std$ points per month.
The qualifying balance of Investments is the total month end balance for Unit Trusts, Premium Currency Investment, Structured Deposits, Medium Term Notes and other investment products of the previous calendar month from the Visa Infinite Card statement. The maximum Std$ points that can be granted for Investments is 1,000 Std$ points per month.

The qualifying balance of Home Loan is the outstanding balance of all Home Loans of the previous calendar month end from the Visa Infinite Card statement. Loan amounts that are approved but not disbursed do not qualify. The maximum Std$ points that can be granted for Home Loans is 1,000 Std$ points per month.

18 Feb 2010     

yanogator
United States

Germanic is perfectly correct, but might have given you more information than you can handle.

Qualifying balance probably refers to a rewards program or something, and means the balance on your account (or the part of your balance) that qualifies for the rewards. Maybe some part of the balance is not eligible, so it is not part of the "qualifying" balance.

I hope this helps.

Bruce

18 Feb 2010     

magdita
Argentina

Thank you germanic and yanogator. Now I know what it means I was completely lost since I couldn �t find it in any dictionary. You �ve been of great help. Thank you again
Magdalena

18 Feb 2010