Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > eslprintables addiction    

eslprintables addiction

sassouki
Tunisia

eslprintables addiction

hi everyone, Just something funny to tell you about! my husband is complaining about my eslprintables addiction!Big smile it �s worse than other types of addiction, no hypnosis could heal me! are you addicted too?

18 Feb 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

He-he-he... join the club and tell him to do the same. I have to tell you though that the addiction does become smaller at times, but then it just gets back, and he �ll be complaining again. I remember last spring, when we had a post which really went on and on (great, productive, funny provocative, it was about teaching but became a lot more) and we all seemed stuck on it in a really positive way... It was started and prolongued by one of the members, till finally her husband left a reply instead of her saying he �ll be taking her away for at least 10 mins so we can all have a bit of peace... It was a hillarious evening. I had just joined, so my hubbie and I laughed for a long time and he just said �OK, so this is what I have to get used to now... �Big smile

18 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Well, so tell your husband to join the club: jealous of eslprintables. Or maybe they should found an Orkut community? My husband is already a member...

some useful tips for jealous husbands:

- never talk to your wife when ESL is on the screen;

- don �t complain when you hear the word "worksheet";

- forget about dinner, if dinner time is around Spanish midnight;

- if the internet connection is broken, fix it right away, or your wife will have an outburst of anger;

- if you want her to spend more time in the kitchen, move the computer desk to the kitchen. The same for any room of the house.

- don �t forget to feed the dog, the cat, the baby (not necessarily in this order). Water the plants - she won �t remember, anyway.

- comfort yourself: ESL doesn �t cause any deceases;

- there hasn �t been a registered case of death for starvage in front of the computer. Just in case, an insurance policy wouldn �t be a bad idea.

- bring her water hourly; if she has more than 5,000 points, some relaxing pills may be needed as well.

Be happy, life is long and ESL Printables is always on the screen...

18 Feb 2010     

DedicatedTeacher
United Arab Emirates

Count me in! Once my husband got fed up of me talking and spending so much time with ESLprintables. Whenever he sees me with my laptop, he would say: worksheets, right? Big smile

Maybe I should copy your instructions to him Zailda LOL

I really love this site, and how it helps me stay positive and optimistic towards bringing good learning to our schools.

Many thanks Victor, and many thanks for all of you.

18 Feb 2010     

sassouki
Tunisia

that �s so funny zailda :)

18 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Same here...

When my husband arrives from work, he doesn �t ask "how was your day?". He usually asks: "What was it like at ESLprintables today?"

18 Feb 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Zailda, dear, your tips are hilarious. I can �t stop LOL LOL LOL....

Well, my friends always ask me, "How many printables have you made today?" (it rhymes, doesn �t it?!!) I tell them I usually make one a day, but they don �t believe me... they think I create more.

I visit the site everyday, or almost... yes, I guess you can say it �s addiction. But it �s better than being addicted to smoking (I was, but no more!) or playing games I think. My friends want me to create a farm ville, but I think I �ll stick to ESLprintables. Can you imagine me feeding the cattle, planting  crops, harvesting instead of creating printables?? Wink

18 Feb 2010     

Catalina Sorina
Romania

No, Mena, but tell your friends you could make an Esl-farm ville LOL

18 Feb 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

@ Zailda : oh my!!! ROFL !!!LOL

18 Feb 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Hilarious tips , Zailda!! LOL