Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Hi alll    

Hi alll

floona
United Arab Emirates

Hi alll

Please tell me your opinion

what do you think of these names as group names for my students

five groups

1- thinkers
2- creators
3- artists
4- Scientists
5- geniuses

if there is as spelling or langauge mistakes tell me 

20 Feb 2010      

Carla Horne
United States

Hi,

I was just wondering. Would anyone get upset if he were not put into the genius group? The teachers I know either let their students choose their own group names which can take a long time if you don �t put a time limit, or they choose names, such as colors, locations, etc. ...
I guess it depends on how sensitive your students are.

Good luck with your groups!

Carla

20 Feb 2010     

donapeter
Romania

I saw a funny and interesting way to call the groups in "Desperate Housewives" -the groups had animal names : Giraffe , penguin etc. They didn �t know which ones were advanced or slow learners. Just watch the last episode. Wink

20 Feb 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

I always let my pupils choose the name of their groups, it allows them to use vocabulary they know, things they like/share, common interests.
for example, there �s a group called Hegwig (from Harry Potter), another one called the Stars, or we also have the Blue sharks... each time we change the groups - every month or so - they change the names of the groups as the pupils form new groups!
otherwise donapeter is right, Desperate Housewives � last episode refered to groups � name, very funny!!!

take care

20 Feb 2010     

teresapr
Portugal

If I were you, I �d let them choose!They would get more involved and find it more challenging, using their imagination as well as the knowledge they have of each other!

20 Feb 2010     

Adel A
Egypt

It is much recommended to  choose some  names suit the the environment of the pupils.In the Arab world for example they like names such as,the lions ,the knights and so on.It also depends on the sex of the students male or female.Boys enjoy names of their favourite football team and they work so enthusiastic while girls prefer names of flowers or birds and so on.it also depends on the strategy you follow.It may also acffect your choise.In cooperative learning names which indicate competition among groups may work well challengers is a good name.Thanks and remember me to the People of UAE

20 Feb 2010