Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Spain    

Spain

Bare
Croatia

Spain

Hi dear friends!

I �m  travelling to Spain tomorrow Smile.We �ll stay in Madrid just one day and than we move on. What would you recommend me to see there? It �s so short time and many things to seeConfused.... your experience would help me a lot !!!

Thank you ! Hugs Hug

Goga

21 Feb 2010      

MertxeGR
Spain

Hi!
I �m sorry to tell you that it will probably rain, so What about visiting some museums? (El Prado, Reina Sofia, Fundaci�n Mapfre, Thyssen Bornemiza, Fundaci�n la Caixa...) I don �t know if you were waiting for that kind of answer, but it �s what I love about Madrid. I always try to walk along "El Paseo del Prado", even if I don �t have the time to see any art exhibitions.

For other fun activities, I �m afraid I can �t help you, I never go pub crawling or anything like that.

I hope you enjoy your stay, despite the weather.
Have a great journey!

21 Feb 2010     

corina2211
Spain

Hey there. Since you only have one day to visit, I would recommend you the museums that Mertxe has already mentioned and the Royal Palace and Plaza Mayor. If you are a fan of modern arquitecture, you should see the 4 Towers Business Area. They are right next to Paseo de la Castellana. If you are a football fan, you should visit Santiago Bernabeu. It �s quite a field (even though I don �t like Real Madrid :=) )

You should also know that the metro is great. It connects the whole city and it �s quite cheap if you buy a tourist ticket. Here �s a link that might help you: http://www.softguides.com/madrid_guide/maps/graphics/madrid-zones-photos/metro-madrid-map-2007.gif

Please let me know if you need further details.

Hugs,

Corina

21 Feb 2010     

Bare
Croatia

Dear MertxeGR and Corina , thank you veeeeeery much !

I bought a guide so I think I �ll manage but I wanted your opinion ....a personal touch is always more appreciated....I only hope it will not rain heavily...anyway... nothing can stop me now Wink

Very kind of you Hug

21 Feb 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Dear Goga, do enjoy yourself as much as you can! What a great way to welcome spring.... Have a wonderful, relaxing and inspirational time!
Anita

21 Feb 2010     

Bare
Croatia

Thank you Anita Smile I �ll think of you !Wink

21 Feb 2010