Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > inspiring materials but.....!    

inspiring materials but.....!

akram@73
Tunisia

inspiring materials but.....!

I am really stunned by the amount of materials available at esl.printables.More than that ,they are authentic and  original but why don �t you , my dear teachers mention where they are taken from or whether they are abridged or adapted.I do rely on you to take into consideration my comments.

21 Feb 2010      

mena22
Portugal

Hi Saphir! You say the materials are "authentic and original" and then you say they must have been taken from some place...  Isn �t that a little bit incoherent? If you see resources taken from a website or a book, please report them. They are not allowed.

Have a nice day.
mena

21 Feb 2010     

wakebeauty
Brazil

I �m with you MENA!!!!

21 Feb 2010     

Carla74
Portugal

Yes, Saphir, a little bit difficult to understand your point...
Hugs from (our!) cold and rainy Portugal

21 Feb 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

I �m not sure I get your point Saphir. We have to give our sources when we use them otherwise the work gets reported for being stolen if a member can give the link where the material has been taken.

It �s all written in the rules of this site.

21 Feb 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Saphir

Are you being sarcastic when you say"  materials are "authentic and original" " ? Why do you write "authentic and original" between commas? If you have any problem related to materials uploaded here you should be clear in what you mean.

We are having a lot of trouble doing Spring cleaning; we welcome every user who can give a hand, but this way of yours of saying, without saying, is very complex and, as you can see from the previous answers to your post, people didn �t get what you mean. Do you have something to say, to point? Go ahead, do it. Otherwise, it �s a waste of time.
hugs
linda

21 Feb 2010     

izulia
China

Hi, I think I understand Saphir �s point. Although most work here is original, I sometimes recognise some pictures from the ESL textbooks in other teachers � worksheets. I don �t think ALL reading comprehension texts are written from scratch either. However teachers do alter them and add their own questions and other tasks that make them unique. Some teachers do refer to sites or books where their pictures and texts were taken from.

21 Feb 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I don �t think I got the point either... However, I do have another point of view. With so many crystal clear copies that we �ve been having, some members get too cautious as to the origin of some wss. But I really don �t understand that... because technically, ours works here are for classroom use only, in individual sheets and definitely not in mass printing. And being like that, a teacher doesn �t (or shouldn �t) have to worry (thaaat much) about it.

Of course everyone gets inspiration from somewhere at some extent. But that doesn �t mean that a teacher �took the idea � for him/herself.

Moreover, many of us have been collecting material over the years, and more often than not, I get use of things that I collected from the net and they �re not even there anymore. I have a ws I made based on an e-mail I received (the text). And I really think is unnecessary to cite all the sources we use, because as Victor explained, if the resources won �t compete (e.g. take pics from a pictionary book to create a pictionary), there �s no legal problems.

If your personal work is what �s most salient in the ws, you �re good to go.

At least that �s what I think.

Regards,

Bruna.

21 Feb 2010