Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Online TEFL Courses    

Online TEFL Courses

lshorton99
China

Online TEFL Courses

Hi

While I would never normally suggest that someone gets their TEFL qualification from an online course as I mostly don �t think they �re worth the paper they �re printed on (!), I �m making an exception and looking for recommendations!

My sister has taught EFL before so has experience and is basically doing some CV padding and looking for a halfway decent online course. Can anyone recommend one that isn �t too expensive and might be ok?

Thanks a lot!

23 Feb 2010      

JulietaVL
Mexico

Some links that may provide some useful information for you:

23 Feb 2010     

lshorton99
China

Thanks - I �ll pass them along to her!

24 Feb 2010     

oregon91
Argentina

google for bridge linguatec. they have a very good TEFL online course

24 Feb 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

I can only confirm what you already know. Most - if not all - employers will simply dismiss any online TEFL course on a CV which makes them basically no more than a waste of time and money.

Edit: I do admit there might be some decent online courses available, but even then employers don�t value them very highly, if at all...

24 Feb 2010     

Crespus2006
United States

It �s complicated but I disagree with Phil. I think there are good online TEFL courses.

24 Feb 2010     

redsan4ever
Spain

If you have the experience and your current boss is happy with the job you are doing then the online tefl is just complimentary to what you already know. People need to take into account what you have done before the course, like your sister.

24 Feb 2010     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

The EFL market is so competitive right now. In most places  I �m looking (Spain and The Czech Republic)  they want a minimum of 2 years experience and a CELT / CELTA (or equivalent)  course, I think in the current economic climate more so than ever online courses are a waste of money.

Even if there are good ones, the employers will look at the qualification and say: Online? Maybe we can use the back of this CV to photocopy extra activities onto.

24 Feb 2010