Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > ---    

---

blunderbuster
Germany

---

---

25 Feb 2010      

class centre
Belarus

with what purpose?

25 Feb 2010     

eng789
Israel

Everyone has different needs and looks for different things in a ws.  I can �t see how a rating system would help.

25 Feb 2010     

Jayho
Australia

I �m satisfied with the current sytem - if it suits my purpose I download it (whether to use as is or adapt).  It �s easy to sort the most popular ones within my specific search which sometimes, but not always, indicates the better quality printables. Why do you suggest a rating system?

25 Feb 2010     

dosjulia
Spain

Isn �t it a kind of "rating" already the number of downloadings on each worksheet? 
I agree with eng789... Our needs are different. Let �s leave things as they are in this case!
Hugs
Julia

25 Feb 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

OE �s need to be rated because the points awarded to the author depend on it. Printables and PowerPoints get points according to the downloads I guess the wss with the most downloads are the most appreciated/highly rated.

25 Feb 2010     

isaserra
Portugal

Good morning,

A long, long time ago, even before powerpoints could be uploaded or online exercises were made, the ws were rated. Probably, it didn �t work well, because Victor has changed the system as it is today...In my opinion, it is better the way it is today...I assure you it �s easy to get points this way...

Have a good day!
Hugs from rainy Portugal,
Isabel

25 Feb 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Dear Regina, at the very beginning,Esl Printables �s wss  had been rated. The moderators used to give marks/grades for wss and this is how we got our first points. From this experience I can tell it �s not a good thing. Who can appreciate and tell the quality of a ws? We all are teachers and as Victor stated we don �t judge wss anymore, who are we to do that?? The current system is the best, so I think it �s better to let things go as they are. 

25 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Regina,
we teach different grades with different needs so I think donapeter said it right. The system is great the way it is, and probably the most fair one.Wink
Have a nice day, MJ

25 Feb 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

I agree. The current system is a �vote with your feet � system. If the viewers don �t want something they don �t download it. I like it.

I do find, however, that I download a lot of stuff that appeals but I never use it.
Do you do this as well?

Just wondering
 Joy

25 Feb 2010     

Aloha_58
Spain

I wanted to tell only my opinion. I think that not always the most downloaded wwss are the best. We live in a society in which colourful and pictures goes first, but we don �t bother at all if the contents we are looking for are the best or not.

Best wishes from Spain.

25 Feb 2010     

1    2    Next >