Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Helpppppppppp    

Helpppppppppp

caren_630
Egypt

Helpppppppppp

Hi Teachers,
Would u plz help me with the following questions?

1- The Captain never listens to what the crew says. It �s like talking to a...........
(a) brick wall                         (b)thick hedge                       (c) wooden fence

2- The Cabain we r staying in is ok, but nothing to -------------------- about.
(a) send a letter home                (b)telephone home               (c) write home

3- Tom Smith hit the ....................... when he knew there was no place left for him in the boat.
(a) floor                                      (b)roof                                        (c) wall

4- I don �t know the people who r staying ....................... very well. They just walked into their cabins.
(a) at the next door                   (b)the next door                   (c) next door

5- I feel so relaxed on board the ship. It really is....................................
(a) a home from home         (b)a house from house          (c) a house from home

6- This loud blast is driving me ............................
(a) over the roof                      (b)through the door                  (c) up the wall

7- The Chief Officer smokes like a ................................ He really should give up.
(a) chimney                                 (b)cooker                                     (c) fire

8- The voyage was cancelled. So, our plans went out of the ...........................
(a) door                               (b)letterbox                                (c) window

9- We are really good friends. We get on like a .......................... from the moment we first met.
(a) burning house                 (b)fire in the house                        (c) house on fire

25 Feb 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

1- brick wall
2- write home
3- roof
4- next door
5- a home from home
6- up the wall
7- chimney
8- window
9- house on fire

EDIT: I edited 2- because dominikam is right!! Sorry.

25 Feb 2010     

donapeter
Romania

1-a
2-a
3-b
4-c
5-a
6-c
7-a
8-c
9-c

25 Feb 2010     

makinimod
Poland

2 - write home (idioms !!!)

25 Feb 2010     

douglas
United States

Is "a home from home" UK English--I have always heard/used: "a  home away from home"?

25 Feb 2010     

caren_630
Egypt

Thx Topolina2004 and Donapeter
a home from home is a uk idiom the american version is a home away from home.
Thx guys so much

25 Feb 2010     

yanogator
United States

Douglas,
Speaking of UK and US idioms, I �ve always heard "like a house afire". Do you know it as "like a house on fire"?

Bruce

25 Feb 2010