Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Does the word deep come with any colour ??    

Does the word deep come with any colour ??

miss noor
Palestine

Does the word deep come with any colour ??

Hi,

The word deep describes the dark colours but

Can u tell me if the word deep comes with any colour ??

Thanks a lot in advance,
Noor

26 Feb 2010      

aliciapc
Uruguay

I guess it depends on the color ! You can �t say " deep white" or " deep black " ... just a thought, I hope someone else answers that so I �ll learn too !

26 Feb 2010     

mokus19
Hungary

We usually use �dark � with colours, but you can use it with �red � ( �deep red �)

26 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

You can use it for almost any colour (except white and black for obvious reasons). It means that it �s a vibrant colour if used with a "light colour" like pink or yellow.

26 Feb 2010     

miss noor
Palestine

Thanks a lot

26 Feb 2010     

ninon100
Russian Federation

Remember "DEEP PURPLE"?Wink

26 Feb 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Zora ! Always with the correct , clear explanation !!

26 Feb 2010     

yanogator
United States

Maybe in the US we use "deep" differently from Canada. To me it means about the same as dark, so it can �t be used with light colors like pink and yellow. I think I would use it only with red, cool colors (blue, green, purple and violet) and brown. I would call "maroon" a deep red color. Violet is usually a deep color to begin with, so I might not say "deep violet."

Bruce

26 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

I suggest you Google "deep pink" or "deep yellow" and see what you get. I worked a few years in retail, so maybe you just weren �t in the right place to ever have heard the terminology before.

http://www.colorcombos.com/deep-pink-color-schemes.html

27 Feb 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I agree with Zora.
There is a whole science regarding colors,  and their properties such as density, darkness, saturation, depth and, transparency and depth which has nothing to do with coming from Canada or the USA.

L

27 Feb 2010     

yanogator
United States

Thanks, Zora and libertybelle. It could be a regional difference, too, but I �ll certainly accept the possibility that I �m wrong about this.

Bruce

27 Feb 2010     

1    2    Next >