Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > turn the content of word into an image    

turn the content of word into an image

lovinglondon
Spain

turn the content of word into an image

Hi everybody!!! I �ve been missed a couple of weeks, but I �ve come back!!!!
I �ve got a doubt. I �ve seen in some printables that some mates have turn them into jpg so that all of it is an image although the document is ".doc".
can you tell me how to do this????
THANK YOU!!! and have a nice weekend!!

27 Feb 2010      

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hello!!

I think there are several ways of doing this, however these worksheets become uneditable and this isn �t really convinient in case you have to adapt something or edit something to finally take it to class.

You just have to copy paste your ws to a powerpoint slide OR  Microsoft office publisher. Then you save it as a picture but in format .png or bitmap. After that you open the program microsoft office picture manager, select your picture and compress it (click on top where it says "picture" and then "compress pictures". On the right side select the option "document" and then OK. After you save it, copy paste the document to a blank page of word. It �s very useful when you have a lot of heavy pictures. It seems difficult but I learnt it on my own, so you can imagine how easy it must be. (I was sent this explanation by a member - paula)

27 Feb 2010     

lovinglondon
Spain

Hi Samantha!! Thank you for your answer!!
The reason why I want to do it is because I �ve make a printable in a particular type of font, which is probably not very common in many computers. So, if I send it as I have it in my computer, it is likely that you can �t see it right.
I �m going to try to do as you have just told me!
Thank you!

27 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Ahhh! OK! Well, I was told to do it like that. If you write your phrase, title or whatever in WordArt, then you can open publisher, then paste it and then select it and save it as a picture. After, insert it in your word document.
Personally, I �ve found using publisher, easier than using power point, I could never save things as pictures using power point! Don �t know why!

You are welcome!

27 Feb 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi LovingLondon

I don �t make it the same way Sam does.
Try this, it seems easier, ( for me, obviously Tongue )
Select all the pics and text boxes you have, then right click your mouse and choose GROUP. Now you have everything in the same layer and you right click again and choose "Save as Picture "

Hope it is clear
Good luck
linda

27 Feb 2010     

lovinglondon
Spain

Hi again Samantha!!
I did it as you told me and .....NO PROBLEM!!! hahahaha....Thank you for your tip! I have already upload the printable and I hope that people who download it (if any...of course) have no problem to see the font!
Thank you!

27 Feb 2010     

lovinglondon
Spain

Hi Linda!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is also very easy !!!!! I have just seen your message!!
I have already taken note of your tip as well, which is also faster!
Thank you!!!

27 Feb 2010     

poki
Slovenia

Samantha.esl, THANK YOU very much!!! Big smile

27 Feb 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Unusual fonts - copy the text + open it in MS Paint, save as picture, insert in Word document
or
EMBED fonts - Menu - Tools - Options - Save Tab - check Embed TRUE TYPE fonts - OK. Not all computers have the same fonts.
embedding fonts  -WORD 2007
1. CLICK MS OFFICE BUTTON on the left - choose "WORD OPTIONS" - select SAVE TAB on the left
2. PRESERVE FIDELITY - choose your DOCUMENT and then
3. check the box for "EMBED FONTS IN THE FILE" and "EMBED ONLY CHARACTERS USED in doc"
4. and SAVE your document AS a DOCUMENT WORD 2002 so you can share it at ESLPRINTABLES

Please do not copy paste the whole page... The reading, examples, tasks SHOULD BE EDITABLE!
If you want to insert a "single picture" worksheet, INSERT a picture consisting of the headlines + pics. Background will be a single picture made from the headlines + illustrations. Move it backwards "behind" and then write/copy all textboxes on the top of the background graphics.
The main text + tasks should be editable...

27 Feb 2010     

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

WOW! I �ve also learned so much! Can �t be more grateful!! Fabiola :O)

28 Feb 2010     

izulia
China

Thank you for all these tips. I also learned a lot. THANK YOU!!! :))

28 Feb 2010