Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > cleaned or washed?    

cleaned or washed?

Urpi
Peru

cleaned or washed?

Hi everybody, I have a doubt, I �m not sure how to say " �Donde haces ba�ar a tu mascota?" is it Where do you have your pet washed? or Where do you have your pet cleaned? or is there another form to say that?   Thanks a bunch (: 

28 Feb 2010      

Zora
Canada

Usually the correct term when we get someone else to do it is: groomed.

Where do you get your dog/cat/pet groomed?

Then, you can ask:

How much do they charge to wash a dog?

Do they cut their nails?

How about clipping their fur?

etc...  

28 Feb 2010     

Urpi
Peru

hey thanks for being so fast :D  now I can upload my power point presentation. 

28 Feb 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Wow, Linda , always.always, learning and always, always saying:"well, not sure, I �m not a native... "
Thanks for having all my pets groomed, I had no idea I could do them such a thing... LOL Tongue

Thanks, linda, have a nice Sunday
linda ( the other one )

28 Feb 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

As I said two days ago ... Zora has such clear explanations!!
Thank u! I �ve learnt "groomed" for pets, I didn �t know you could use it that way..

28 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Linda (Zora) - We  you!!!   

28 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

Thank YOU guys... I love to help out when I can.

By the way... It �s not incorrect to say "I get my dog bathed/washed at Richard �s Dog Salon." or "Sally washed my dog for me."

It �s just that in the last few years there has been this crazy fad with pets and there are more people referring to it as - "grooming" their pets, taking them to "professional groomers", or going to see a "dog groomer".

28 Feb 2010     

libertybelle
United States

And to add to Zora - when you groom a pet - they are washed, dried,brushed, styled, fluffed, pedicured , have their teeth cleaned - the whole package.LOL

28 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

Yes, Lisa is right... sadly enough... the dogs are more pampered than we are when they go to be "groomed"!!! LOL

PS:

I want to be a pampered pooch in my next life! Wink

28 Feb 2010